another new jersey hello

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey. thought i'd drop in and say hello to the community. i've always enjoyed checking out the classic bikes at "kustom kulture" shows, pre 64 rat shows and the such. i've just gotten into building them and love how much cheaper it is than building a rat rod. here's my first project bike. it's a murray westport. i'm still on the search for a set of old style white rubber block pedals, and need to wrap the seat in white. i have a couple other projects. a 70's sears spyder, and a 66 schwinn slik chik. i'm on the search for more 26" cruisers, so if you're local and have parts to unload, hit me up!!
bicycles007.jpg

here's my 49 ford too....
hotrodhoedown.jpg

thanks for the welcomes guys. i started messin around on here last night. it's pretty decent between the gallerys, and the classifieds. finally some cheap parts! seems like everybody is anti-300% markup on stuff. can't wait to learn some tricks and tips on here along with getting some great ideas/concepts on building.

HI GIBBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!South street time?????

Do I smell dubber in this thread,....judging by the stickers on the fridge you are at least familiar with Show and Go, or the very least Waterfest in E-town i'm sure.

I too am a dubber in dirty Jersey.

You on the Vortex?

feurerdog.... i am also known as john-e-gti (vortex). oh yes, i know the shows. i used to hang out at fdr, and still run into many of the old school folk. the funniest thing is everybody i meet between rat rods, and the rockabilly scene all had their hands in a vw at some point. such a great community i live in! don't you rock the same name on vortex??? sounds familiar..

JohnnyGooseneck said:
feurerdog.... i am also known as john-e-gti (vortex). oh yes, i know the shows. i used to hang out at fdr, and still run into many of the old school folk. the funniest thing is everybody i meet between rat rods, and the rockabilly scene all had their hands in a vw at some point. such a great community i live in! don't you rock the same name on vortex??? sounds familiar..

Yep,...been on the Vortex since 02'. I had a mk4 GTI and now a mk5.
Any chance you used to drive a green mk3 Jetta?

I used to roll with Philly DCI at one point, but then helped start the Dirty Jersey Dubs club. I used to go to all the shows and GTGs. FDR, GW, DJD, S&G, H20, WF, etc. I stopped doing the GTG stuff a couple years ago though.
My guess is that we have actually met at one point and time or another.

i'm sure we've seen eachother in the past.... i used to have a black 2.0 mk3 gti with a single wiper mounted mid windsheild. i used to do the barnes n noble and deptford gtg's too. every now and then i'd do the dci bar nights.

time to post up some recent builds....
bicycles017.jpg

bicycles045.jpg

awww snap!!! didn't know you were on here lady!!! things are good. i've been whacking away on these bikes. i built the 2 pictured over the last 2 weeks and i'm working on another. it costs way less to build a bike than to fix a ford.haha. got any bias plys?? 6.50-15"

JohnnyGooseneck said:
awww snap!!! didn't know you were on here lady!!! things are good. i've been whacking away on these bikes. i built the 2 pictured over the last 2 weeks and i'm working on another. it costs way less to build a bike than to fix a ford.haha. got any bias plys?? 6.50-15"
im everywhere mr gibbs hahaha , thats what ive bee sayin its cheaper to do this then to build a car right now , nope no bias plys my friend ... do you have a 350 crate motor hahaa ?

i have a 400 sitting in a pontiac over here. it runs smooth... and it has a/c. text me up if you're interested. i totally forgot that you went nuts last year buying bikes.haha. now i see why, and i'm doing the same .... thing now. i'm definately down for whatever cruise you wana do.... i suggest camden hood cruise to the speedline and a city ride.

JohnnyGooseneck said:
i have a 400 sitting in a pontiac over here. it runs smooth... and it has a/c. text me up if you're interested. i totally forgot that you went nuts last year buying bikes.haha. now i see why, and i'm doing the same dang thing now. i'm definately down for whatever cruise you wana do.... i suggest camden hood cruise to the speedline and a city ride.
hahaha we tried doing that camden run last year and the tropical storm rolled in and my tire went flat so we stayed close to glouster, i wanna do a camden run but as of right now im not to mobile :( about the motor i am savin up for a brand new crate should be interesting, so right now the rides i do are very last min get togethers if my car is acting funny or not .. ill let you know when the next one comes up

awesome.. hit me up for a cruise then. i may make the trip up for that. some kick ... scenery up that way. i would say screw the crate engine and just keep throwing in those jb welded engines in there. theyre cheaper for the time being. come pull this 400 out. haha!

Back