another newbie from socal

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I love the site even though I havent navigated it all yet. I am not just new to the site but to cruisers in general. I have been wanting to get a cruiser for a while now and after multiple knee surgeries I am in need of a fun way to exersize and ride myself to physical therapy every other day. I luckily stumbled upon this site just yesterday and it seems its a good place to be. You see I also" roll with the lord",its just usually on a dirt bike. (hence the many knee surgeries). anywase I dont know if this is a good place to post this, but I want some suggestions for an american made cruiser preforably multi speed, new or used in the 500.00-600.00 range. I really dont know what to look for. theres alot of cool looking bikes online, but they are probably junkers that just look cool. And I know looks arent everything, I want something solid. Thanks ahead of time for any input.

Welcome, I get more satisfaction if I build it for myself. Make it your way and spend half as much money. I rode a cruiser yesterday and it was ok if it was in a straight line. Then when turning it was hard and the bars hit my legs. Thats bad in my book. But anyway welcome and enjoy.

Welcome to the forum! :D

Electra and Felt make some REEEALLY nice cruisers if you end up taking the new route.

Several folks here own them and have enjoyed customizing them.

welcome from nor-cal ! take your time and test ride"m all..

Welcome from San Diego!
Make sure you don't buy anything from Micargi.
These cheap Chinese crap cycles are invading SoCal and they're known to break down within the first year.
I find great deals on nice bikes every day in San Diego and LA on Craigslist, so that's a great place to start.
You can also get the Electra Flying Sue 3i or Electra Punk 3i from Sports Locker (of all places) for $399 (they usually go for around $600+). The Flying Sue is normally hard to find but the local store in Point Loma has two in stock. Both models have been officially discontinued by Electra.

thanks for the replies. Does anyone know about raleigh bicycles? There is a nice looking one locally for sale 250.00 . I am a fabricator by profession So its inevitable that I will indeed build a custom eventually, but I dont really know what I like yet so just looking for a decent starter bike to start putting miles on. Doctors orders...... anywase thanks for all the help

Latest posts

Back