Another rim question

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wheels have a slight bend on the lip. I don't think this will affect riding on them but not sure. Any of you guys know? Also what would be a good way to fix this aside from a body shop?
Thanks all

I'm going to tr the vise grips I just need to find something to place in between the vise grips and rim so I don't end up with the groove marks from the vise grips on the wheel.

It takes about the Patience of a Saint to straighten a curb blasted rim.

I agree with C on the adjustable wrench. (use protection) HEH!...now my mind is in the gutter...

Work it Real Slow from the ends of those dents or else you'll make them worse than they are now.

So is this rim alloy or steel? Seems like you have one side bent outward away from the tire bead? I prefer not to put a tool onto the rim and bend it back. I have had the best results using a soft faced hammer or dead blow rubber mallet to strike the rim back to shape.Support the rim with a suitable piece of wood placed inside the area where the inner tube would be.

clamdigger said:
So is this rim alloy or steel? Seems like you have one side bent outward away from the tire bead? I prefer not to put a tool onto the rim and bend it back. I have had the best results using a soft faced hammer or dead blow rubber mallet to strike the rim back to shape.Support the rim with a suitable piece of wood placed inside the area where the inner tube would be.
Yes thats exactly were the bend is. I would imagine the rims are steel because they are '63 schwinn s-7's. Any how I tried bending them back in to shape with the crescent wrench yesterday, didn't really work to great. I though about heating the area with a torch a little tiny bit then working the area gently with a hammer. I'm gonna give your suggestion a try first though.

Latest posts

Back