Another Schwinn question

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bought a 68' Schwinn 3speed Racer (HD248XX) that I will be putting up picts of this week for $20. My question, is that mine appears to be all original, grips, chainguard, fenders and pedels but it has the smaller Schwinn Lucky 7 chainring (36 tooth I think) under a chainguard that looks to easily take the standard 46 tooth.

Does anyone know if the 68' Schwinn 3speed Racer came stock with the smaller Lucky 7 chainring? Any help would be great.

It would have come new with a cloverleaf, someone must have wanted a lower gearing.

Thats what I thought, too. Where I live it is quite hilly in some areas, so i'll appreciate the lower gearing, but ususlly when someone puts on a smaller chainring, it isnt so well matched up. Must have done it years ago and had it done right, with another Schwinn chainring. It is actually the smaller Lucky 7 chainring on the bike that actually got my attention. Just gotta install my camera to my new computer this week to get you guys some pictures. Patients my friends and thanks for the help so far. Good to be back. :D

Back