Another "Spaceliner"(They keep finding me) & More

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Been a busy day.... I had use of a pickup truck for the day and made the most of it....almost the most but C'est la vie.... I'm happy ( as heck ) with what I got....

PICT4705.jpg

HOLD ON I GOT A PHONE CALL.....
OK.... ONE More Today....

PICT4708.jpg

FIRST... The whole reason I borrowed the truck today, a Foremost "Spaceliner"...
Basically a JC Penny branded Spaceliner... ( I've always liked Pennys more than Sears anyway, because my Mom worked for them for Years and Years )
In GREAT shape for its age, OG handgrips, chainguard, and Original Bridgestone White Walls in Good shape
PLUS throw in the groovy curled horn and Bullet light that works with NO Rust....
{ SIDENOTE: Someone else's Greed was my Good Fortune... A guy Checked it out and wouldn't give him what he was asking...which was Well South of a Benjamin...}

PICT4693.jpg

PICT4697.jpg

PICT4695.jpg

PICT4694.jpg

PICT4696.jpg

If Any of you folk in IOWA are interested in that Plate PM me... I think it's Cool but I haven't any ties to Iowa myself....
That's another thing... The bike apparently started in Iowa, The guy I got it from, bought it about 25 years ago in Jackson Hole, Montana and brought it with him when he moved to Phoenix 6 years ago...

Next, My New Argyle Cranbrook....
AgelsWithBikeTypeEdit.jpg

PICT4698.jpg

PICT4699.jpg

Nice Women... I got it for the cost of their bar tab basically... I might part it for the brown rims, black handle bars, and that Way Cool Crank....I like the design on that...
But I'll Probably make this my first FLIP, so I can get back almost all I spent today...

Since I had a truck, I've been watching for almost two months this guy posting this Manta Ray disassembled, well I've got a truck today... I threw it in the back for half of what he's been asking...PLUS I eyed a 51 tooth Crank, that's good to go, he throws it in no charge

PICT4702.jpg

PICT4703.jpg

PICT4704.jpg

Bought it for parts really, Ape Hangers, Sissy Bar, Banana Seat I can re-cover, Plus the Springer I can probably end up selling....

Finally as I was about to post this a guy calls me with one last lead...
A Huffy ElDorado Womens Bike, All Original, but missing the lens on the tank... I might fix and flip...but I might part it using the rack and rims/tires for myself...we'll see

PICT4712.jpg

PICT4709.jpg

PICT4710.jpg

PICT4711.jpg

*****ONCE AGAIN THE PHONE RINGS********

Guy brings over this wheelset and fenders from his wife's Phat Cruiser he's parting out...
Got them for a trade of Bontrager Hand grips (x2 in original packaging ), a Bontrager skinny seat I'll never use ( Brand New ), and Cruiser Handel bars a buddy gave me that have sat for a year...

PICT4715.jpg

I'm done.....Thanks for looking guys (and gals ).....

largek9 said:
How about a trip to Florida I've got two trucks! You seem to have the touch, you can take one and I'll take the other and make a day of it! :) Nice finds congrat's

Don't tempt me... I'd love to just get away and go road tripping in a truck...American Pickers anyone ????
One of the best times I ever had was doing cross country moves in a 26' truck... I was freshly between jobs and it cleared my head to just drive the roads....

Thanks for the comments guys.....

Back