Another Texan here

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Howdy all,

I have been lurking for a little while and got the cruiser/chopper bug a while back. Sold my mountain bike and bought an Electra Rat Fink off CL and never looked back. Just finished my wifes bike, turned an Academy cheapo MTB/Comfort into a cool cruiser. No major mods yet, still getting the hang of the basics :lol:
IMG_1183.jpg

IMG_1180.jpg

IMG_1179.jpg

IMG_1182.jpg

IMG_1184.jpg

old school 64 said:
Welcome from California..beautiful work..how did you do the skulls on your wifes bike ? That is slick !!! :D

Ha! by hand! Kind of, it is a trick i learned from a girl that rides with SALSA here in San Antonio. Use wrapping paper for the design and use modge podge for the application (clear drying adhesive) I am also going to go over it with several coats of clear to help preserve it and harden it. I wouldn't do it for one of my bikes because i use and abuse them too much. Wifey only rides once or twice a month so probably no issues there. :D

Awesome !! Thanks !! Guess i am off to a "craft type" store this weekend then !

schertztx said:
old school 64 said:
Welcome from California..beautiful work..how did you do the skulls on your wifes bike ? That is slick !!! :D

Ha! by hand! Kind of, it is a trick i learned from a girl that rides with SALSA here in San Antonio. Use wrapping paper for the design and use modge podge for the application (clear drying adhesive) I am also going to go over it with several coats of clear to help preserve it and harden it. I wouldn't do it for one of my bikes because i use and abuse them too much. Wifey only rides once or twice a month so probably no issues there. :D

Back