Another Trash Find...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this bad boy in the trash today. I find these bikes in the trash at least a couple times a month where I live, crazy. 20 inch frame. It's a 15 speed Royce Union. Pretty nice shape. Not too familiar w/ the brand though. Is it worth $50? Or just parts? Feedback welcome. Thanks...

Royce.jpg

Pretty decent, if everything works and the rims are true I'd list it at $75 and come down to $50. Nice find. Like I say NEVER turn down a free bike, you can't loose money on them.

not a quality bike, but if you find in the trash... whats it matter..? thats just free money :wink:
local maybe, maybe 50..
but if you put it up for like $20 or $40.. im sure youll have a taker looking for a cheap ride 8)

outskirtscustoms said:
Pretty decent, if everything works and the rims are true I'd list it at $75 and come down to $50. Nice find. Like I say NEVER turn down a free bike, you can't loose money on them.
yeah that a better idea ^
but at a min you have to atleast make $20 no doubt :p

Ok, I had it listed for $50, but I'll drop it down to like $35 OBO. You're right about making $ on these things. I also pulled out an 1980s AMF 15 speed, but it has some issues. The little piece that gives the chain tension so you move it is broke. Not sure what it's called. I've mad a couple hundred bucks off trash bikes lately, so I'm always on the hunt. Thanks everyone...!!

It looks like a mid 80's entry level MTB... some of those vintage parts like the bullmoose handlebars, thumb shifters, cantilever brakes and four finger brake levers are probably worth more than the whole bike.

these type MTBs are regularily listed for $85-100 on CL around here.

with some narrower street tires, a rack, and other small accessories, these make good commuters or rails-to-trails bikes.

Latest posts

Back