Another worksman

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I caved and bought that other one, wich is the blue one. now I have two. this one has all tubeless hard tires, i've yet to figure out a way to remove them lol

It is indeed tasty. one of the reasons I got it, need to swap the rear wheels with the black ones then put a normal steel 26' front rim then resell it for what I paid or more lol and got a drum brake out of the deal. wonder what bike I should put it on.

I too took a hacksaw in combination with a grinding wheel. They're a pain when it gets into the rim though. I just sat there stabbing it with a screwdriver until it separated.

I guess saving them is out of the question lol They came out of a factory and needed those tires, the one with air in front tire had alot of lining in the front to help protect from flats. The upside about these tires is no flat, no getting stranded anywhere because once you get a flat. it wont move. but it is big so you can carry everything needed to fix that. I wish they whernt single speeds though but Riding it will help me loose weight lol!

Hsean said:
I guess saving them is out of the question lol They came out of a factory and needed those tires, the one with air in front tire had alot of lining in the front to help protect from flats. The upside about these tires is no flat, no getting stranded anywhere because once you get a flat. it wont move. but it is big so you can carry everything needed to fix that. I wish they whernt single speeds though but Riding it will help me loose weight lol!

WAIT!!! I have had good luck getting those tires off using this method:
Soak the tire in HOT water (as hot as you can stand it...then a little hotter), soak for about 30 minutes, that will loosen the tire just enough to pry it off.

How do I soak it? well in what, Im not sure I have anything big enough to put the wheel in. well maybe the big sink in laundry room may work. ill try that first. just gotta get the rims off the bike. thanks for the idea, ill try that

Hsean said:
How do I soak it? well in what, Im not sure I have anything big enough to put the wheel in. well maybe the big sink in laundry room may work. ill try that first. just gotta get the rims off the bike. thanks for the idea, ill try that

Normally I do it in the bath tub, (If you're allowed). If not a large tote, kiddie pool, or large trash can works too. Or you can soak one half then rotate it for the other side.

Well bathtub is out of question or it would be my head lol However! there is a decent sized cooler in the shed. I relisted the blue one today after "Caugh" altering it "caugh" lol Mmmm Lovely front wheel

I have to many trikes as it is anyway lol I only want one. Also I got the front tire off it without cutting it or putting it in hot water. being the type of person i am I thought about how something like this would come appart. like a rubber gasket on a plumping piece. for those of you who want a fast way of removing them do what I did. clamp the tire in a vice and pull wheel sideways lol works pretty good.

Latest posts

Back