ANOTHER ZEP & FLIGHTLINER

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Had a GREAT weekend after experiencing a "dry spell" of sorts. Found this mostly complete 1937 HP Harris built Zep. Someone had put a mid-weight front wheel and tire on it at some point in time but the weird thing is that there are no holes for a headbadge :shock: ...what gives? Had to make a 3 hr. round trip to Neosho Rapids,KS. to get it but I took Friday off & the weather was nice so it
was a good road trip...

Then Saturday was the Blue Springs,MO. Bike Swap & Art Fest.Got there Friday evening & got set up. Several of us camped out that night & had a blast. Scored this near perfect 24" Murray built Flightliner...

the numbers on the Flightliner's bottom bracket are:MOD 502 46020 then underneath that 348 169...

I'm looking for the matching right pedal (about 4") & help with its build date. I won the People's Choice Show 'n Shine with my 1953
Monark #1 Rocket with the prize being 100 chicken wings from Hooters which I promptly traded to Don P. for this...

So all in all it was a Fantastic weekend & I'd advise everyone to make plans to come to the Blue Springs Bike & Art Fest
(Kansas City,MO. area) next year. Contact JJ Munster to get on the email list. Also, the HUGE K.C.MO. area bike swap,El Torreon,
is coming up in July...contact Dos Cruiser for more info...Pappy 8)

Nice find on the Higgins, your serial number shows it as a 1960 Flightliner originally selling in the catalog for $47.75 brand new. I have a 26 Inch just like that. Nice bike. Leo

Nice Golden Meteor speedo! I have one as well but haven't found the perfect bike for it yet. They're among the rarest postwar speedos and were only available in 1948 into '49 but were found to be fragile since the lens is all plastic and encloses the whole unit. Yours is very nice considering this.

Also, I believe what you have is a CWC built double bar roadster, not a Fastback/Zep frame. Those frames all had the low-slung look with straight seat stays and a more pronounced angle on the top two bars. The DB Roadster had more of a rolling arc to the whole frame was produced from '35 until mid '37.

Thanx Leobeerguy & Jpromo...the numbers on the bottom bracket are: 5671 R then underneath that is I (capital i) then a 7. Does that help to decipher exactly what make & year it is? Thanx in advance for any help...Pappy 8)

The double-bar roadster is neither Snyder nor CWC sourced, it is a Colson and the serial number indicates it is likely a 1937 model. In late 1937 both long and short wheelbase frames were being produced by Colson and this is a short wheelbase model. The pattern of the top tubes, which become closer together at the head tube than they are at the seat tube, indicates it will not take a tank. If there actually are no headbadge holes, it is possible the bike was originally fitted with a “waterfall” headbadge, but that would require a different fork.

rms37 said:
The double-bar roadster is neither Snyder nor CWC sourced, it is a Colson and the serial number indicates it is likely a 1937 model. In late 1937 both long and short wheelbase frames were being produced by Colson and this is a short wheelbase model. The pattern of the top tubes, which become closer together at the head tube than they are at the seat tube, indicates it will not take a tank. If there actually are no headbadge holes, it is possible the bike was originally fitted with a “waterfall” headbadge, but that would require a different fork.

I'm always so close but not quite! The fork and chainring should have sent up the Colson flags for me.

need this at the top...thanx,P 8)

Latest posts

Back