Antique & Vintage Bicycles

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

I've only been the Antique & Vintage Bicycle Restoration for 5 years now. It all started when I recieved a 1898 JP Lovell Diamond Saftey Bicycle from my grandmother. While checking ebay for a few parts I noticed a whole sub culture with the old bicycles and couldn't believe the money some of them bring.

For over 35 years I've been Painting and restoring cars, vans, motorcycle and helicopters to better than new condition. So I figured that in my retirement doing the same thing to Antique and Vintage Bicycles would be perfect. I started with a barn fresh 1952 Schwinn Black Phantom, frame, springer, chain guard, and rear fender off ebay for $10 and $40 for shipping. I only use period correct parts for each project, except for stainless spokes (0 maintence) and new tires and tubes (Schwinn Typhoon Cord for the Schwinns). I like to ride not just look at the bicycles.

Most of the bicycles I get need total restoration, so that means photos of original condition, stripped paint, beadblasted, metal prep, and epoxy primer with polyurathane topcoat and clear. Also rechroming as needed This way the bicycle will last forever.

I do have a site where my projects can be viewed, and am located in St. Petersburg Florida.
http://michaelsvinbicycles.multiply.com/photos

At the present I'm trying to find serial number data base for Cleveland Welding & H. P. Snyder Manufacturing Company (Rollfast)

Thanks,
Michael

there is much to see and learn here.. also a good spot to pick up parts.. nice bunch.. and place to ask questions..
post builds... what ever you need .. welcome to the group

Back