Any GM techs on here?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I'm looking to see if anyone here is a tech or mechanic.
I had the CE light come on in my truck and stopped at the Zone to read it. Turns it is P0011 Intake camshaft position system performance bank 1. I am looking for the intake camshaft position sensor. Found a sensor on the front of the block under the cam, but that may or may not be it.
Anybody got an idea where online to look for good schematics?
The truck is 2007 Chevy Z71 4x4 6.0L

Thanks

My best advice is go to the library and see if they have a Chilton or Hayes manual for it, or go to your local Auto Zone and buy one. Great investment. I'm a mechanic by trade and that book has saved my rear time and time again. I had a 1979 Mercedes 240 D diesel that went 2.5 MILLION miles on 3 rebuilds, I owned it from 750,000 miles. And was still running like new and getting 30-40 MPG the day I drove it to the scrapyard. And I did every spec of maintenance myself. I read my Chilton manual cover to cover 3 times.

After some research I decided to take my truck in to get a diagnosis. Ended up being a bad cam position sensor. They also found torn CV boots and a leaking oil pan. Can't say either was or wasn't. I never saw a drop of oil of hear any noise from CVs but oh well. I would have done all the work myself but they got it covered under the powertrain warranty.

Latest posts

Back