any idea what todays find may be?? not a schwinn right??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
serial number is J02497 and that says 60s schwinn but rear drop outs say no??? any ideas

2-2.jpg

1-2.jpg

3-2.jpg

It's got that prewar style Wald nutcracker neck on it. What were they thinking when they made those? :shock: Gary

Nope, sure ain't no Schwinn! The bike is a bit cobbled together with random parts but the frame would be the Cleveland Welding Company. The late prewar and early postwar frames were pretty similar but that looks like a pretty shallow curve on the downtube which suggests earlier, '40-41.

B607 said:
It's got that prewar style Wald nutcracker neck on it. What were they thinking when they made those? :shock: Gary
Jpromo said:
Nope, sure ain't no Schwinn! The bike is a bit cobbled together with random parts but the frame would be the Cleveland Welding Company. The late prewar and early postwar frames were pretty similar but that looks like a pretty shallow curve on the downtube which suggests earlier, '40-41.

thanks. I was thinking 53 by murray numbers from cleveland welding serial numbers. is that wrong?

Yeah, no companies numbers would match up with eachother; Murray, CWC, Westfield, Schwinn, Shelby, all different. There currently aren't any published numbers on the internet for CWC so it's up for speculation and comparison. Though, there are members who have accumulated their own information for certain companies and would be able to tell you more.

yes I know they are all different parts from diff bikes, but that doesnt bother me because I would of done so anyway as rat bikes are my preference. Im really only focusing on the frame though. thank you all so much for your help in figuring it all out. I am a little baffled in my hunt for answers though. :shock: :? there is sooooooo many resources out there.

Here is what I believe is a 46 CWC frame for comparison. Looks pretty close to me!

P8220046.jpg

P8220044.jpg

Back