Any Motorcycle Guys? I need your opinion

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't seem too bad especially if the mileage is correct. Personally I'd rather have this:
http://www.moodycycle.com/60/bikes/car_ ... ?editid1=4
car_imager.php

well, the $20,000 price tag doesn't exactly fit the budget of a technically unemployed teenager...

I like to settle for anything underrated and cheap. its only reason i am slightly hipster :lol:

Craiggo said:
well, the $20,000 price tag doesn't exactly fit the budget of a technically unemployed teenager...

I like to settle for anything underrated and cheap. its only reason i am slightly hipster :lol:

Yeah except for the teenager part I'm in the same boat.

outskirtscustoms said:
Yeah except for the teenager part I'm in the same boat.

Wow, I didn't know that.
here is my current bike,
DSC_0869.jpg

I was going to inherit my grandfathers Honda magna V45. but it is so nice, i feel like i will just be too nervous all the time

I still need to know whether this is a good deal.
the guy seemed pretty firm on the price, but I saw that a perfect original/restored one is around 2300. one in "great" condition with minimal work and all original is 1800. I dont know where to start appraising this. it has an aftermarket exhaust (same as my 440, only 4 to 1 instead of 2 to 1.) a custom seat. non original bars ( but i like them) missing fender (i like) KICK START!!!
any help is greatly appreciated
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I don't know the motorcycle market in WI but around here that's about what they're going for. I wouldn't consider it a bad deal but not a great deal either. I think you need to chop your kawi! :wink:

IMG_20120220_103051.jpg

nice bike, the price it about right- if you go see it run a bit, run through the gears. Check the bottom of the cases. I had a '69 cb450, I loved the bike but the bottom of the case cracked for some reason.
anyhow, I recommend if you buy it, ride it a it for a few months before chopping it or of making a cafe racer. those bikes are nice as is.

Cool, um, as much as I am already attached to this bike somehow, my dad won't even give it a second glance :( I wish I had just enough independence... Whatever. I might get out of college in two years and build something better anyways who the heck knows :D. For now, it is just an ad.
I might see if I can get him to let me test ride it :mrgreen:

I've had a few bikes over the years, mostly Hondas so that would be my recomendation. If you like the bike you're looking at it's not a bad deal but a better deal can be had. I still miss my bikes.

'01 Buell blast
P5010003.jpg

Honda Sabre
Photo1008.jpg

Also had a Magna, Goldwing, Shadow, 2 Harley Panheads, and a Yamaha XS400.

mikesbikes36 said:
how do u have 2 panheads n get rid of em ???? really i would never !!! :D

One was a '60 panhead chopper that was pieced together. I sold it when I got the other '57 panhead that was still in it's shipping crate when I found it in a barn covered in dust and chicken poo. I put it together and watched the odometer rack up it's first 1,000 miles. I took it to Sturgis back in 2006 and it was stolen in front of the bar when I went in for a cold beer. If I ever see it again It'll take a mob to pull me off the sorry ******** that is riding it.

I still figure I got my money's worth just from the joy of getting to put the first miles on a new '57 panhead but I wish I still had it even if it did beat you up to ride it (Hardtail).

that CB is sweet, I would pay that for it, if it runs as well as the ad says.

I've had my share of motorcycles. A Honda is always a good bet. They thrive on abuse, and run forever. Nonetheless, I'd hold out for a bike that looks as close to stock as possible. Hondas are pretty easy to find. When shopping for an oldie, look for one that's all stock except for stuff like fairings, crash bars, radios, and saddlebags- in short- nerd/old man stuff. That way the odds are much better that the machine wasn't messed with, or ridden hard. If a guy has gone to the trouble to put on after market headers, carbs, or a cam in the motor, then you know he's ridden the daylights out of that motor, clutch, and transmission. When it's your bike, trick it out however you like. But it's best to start with as close to a blank canvas as possible.

JWM

outskirtscustoms said:
mikesbikes36 said:

One was a '60 panhead chopper that was pieced together. I sold it when I got the other '57 panhead that was still in it's shipping crate when I found it in a barn covered in dust and chicken poo. I put it together and watched the odometer rack up it's first 1,000 miles. I took it to Sturgis back in 2006 and it was stolen in front of the bar when I went in for a cold beer. If I ever see it again It'll take a mob to pull me off the sorry ******** that is riding it.

I still figure I got my money's worth just from the joy of getting to put the first miles on a new '57 panhead but I wish I still had it even if it did beat you up to ride it (Hardtail).

Holy cow, that is a heartbreaker. You can bet that thing was dismembered like steer, and parted out for who knows how many shady swapmeet deals. Outlaw bikers. They call them outlaws for a reason. But some folks think pirates are cool, too. Go figure.

JWM

jwm said:
I've had my share of motorcycles. A Honda is always a good bet. They thrive on abuse, and run forever. Nonetheless, I'd hold out for a bike that looks as close to stock as possible. Hondas are pretty easy to find. When shopping for an oldie, look for one that's all stock except for stuff like fairings, crash bars, radios, and saddlebags- in short- nerd/old man stuff. That way the odds are much better that the machine wasn't messed with, or ridden hard. If a guy has gone to the trouble to put on after market headers, carbs, or a cam in the motor, then you know he's ridden the daylights out of that motor, clutch, and transmission. When it's your bike, trick it out however you like. But it's best to start with as close to a blank canvas as possible.

JWM
Good advice. Also if the seller lets you take a test ride swing by your local bike shop or have them meet you there, have them look it over. Saves a lot of headache in the long run. I've done that with every bike I've owned except the two panheads. (built one and the other Was still in it's crate and I didn't want them saying it was worth more than the $500 I paid for it. :mrgreen:

jwm said:
outskirtscustoms said:
mikesbikes36 said:

Holy cow, that is a heartbreaker. You can bet that thing was dismembered like steer, and parted out for who knows how many shady swapmeet deals. Outlaw bikers. They call them outlaws for a reason. But some folks think pirates are cool, too. Go figure.

JWM
Yeah but getting to put the first mile on a 57 pan was worth the $500. Like a trip back in time. Doesn't ease the pain much though.

Latest posts

Back