Anybody else have a motorcycle?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finishing touches are all that remains. Rear foot pegs, knee pads, decals and license plates.View attachment 230932View attachment 230933
This one is done.View attachment 230934View attachment 230935
August,
IMG_3623.jpeg

This first bike is a 1962 650ss. Right now it is in the back of the garage behind a bunch of junk as I have not ridden it for a few years.
650ss 2020 a.jpg

This bike is a 1962 Norton works 500cc twin racer made to run at the Daytona races that year and anywhere else they wanted to run it. It was one of three sent over that spring and as far as I know is the last one surviving, I have pieces of the other two bikes. A friend of mine used to run the Norton racing team in the USA back in the 60s and he took care of this bike for a half-century until he died.
Heinz bike right again.jpg

This is a really rare Italian motorcycle called a Capriolo. It was made by the Aero Caproni factory which made the Italian bombers for WWII, after the war they tried their hand at making motorcycles and I heard they only made about twelve thousand total over several years, this one is one of the last ones they made, and it is an overhead-cam engine with a "face cam", a design which was only used in two or three motorcycle engines in history, and maybe zero automobile engines.

Capriolo b.jpg

This is a 1959 Manx Norton 500cc bike that Reg Pridmore used to win a championship with back in I think 1968 on the West coast of the USA. I have all t he pieces, it just needs to be put back together, maybe I will even get to it if I live to be 300 years old because I have about two-doze bikes altogether laying around in pieces, eight Nortons, Triumphs, Matchless, Bultaco, Montesa, Gilera, all which need attention. My old man was a small dealer/racer of British bikes back in the 50s/early 60s so I got caught up in the mess.
Manx.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back