anybody got any ideas?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my in laws gave me this trike, and they want me to fix it up...any ideas?

trikebrand.jpg

triikerear.jpg

trike.jpg

Forks need straightened. 24 X 3 WW tires on the rear, and the front too, if the forks are wide enough. It looks like a 24" trike. Paint the rims, spokes and all, red. same goes for the cranks, sprocket, and handlebars. All red. Then of course, the frame and forks black, gloss or flat. The seat will probably clean up so it is good like it sits. Then I'd put a wooden box on the rear with a company name of some kind. A 3 speed stick shift would be a nice addition, but a twistgrip would be good too.

Apes, a sex change and a springer...maybe even a banana seat. 8)
or you could chop it out...
chop2.jpg

nice score, i like the rear end on that trike. :D I'm not a big fan of those frames so i would suggest changing the frame.
here's my trike project used a mix frame with a little chop

trikebargrips-seatcover009.jpg

and my build tread... viewtopic.php?f=21&t=18197 8)

good luck 8)

Cut a steel barrel in half and put it over the rear wheels. Then cut an opening and hinge it. Put a platform in the bottom and you'll have a trunk with fender skirts. Maybe a fender skirt up front too.

trike.jpg

I'm thinking a 426 hemi and some fenton mags j/k.

How about painting it red and white and make it an adult-sized version of a kids trike? Maybe hook a kids pull wagon on it.

I think a frame change would involve cutting and welding w/that particular trike. Sandblast, paint, fresh rims and chrome parts would go a long way, although buying a newer trike might be cheaper. :|

If your thinkin of a gender bender,it should be an easy one.The top tube on that bike is only like 20'' I believe so if you already have some old clunkers cut the top tube out,cut and bend to length and spot weld in on both sides before you go weld crazy.Maybe braze in the top tube since that bike is already built to carry the load without a top tube.Your inlaws want you to rebuild or tweak it a bit?If its just to restore and give back ,maybe clean and paint with some white walls and a big seat.

its a 24" stretch frame...26" bent forks...im considering putting a 20" wheel on the front, and a 24" on the back...not sure yet...gotta decide this friday though cause i finally get to spend some more money on it...i didnt realize how expensive it was to build one...after wheels i'll be 600$ in the hole with it...

Back