anybody have one of these? (target hybrid)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They looks better than the Magna and Next bikes but probably still on cheaper end. Some of the bikes have good Shimano(deore/acera) components. You might look on CL for something too.

Mass market bikes will fail you eventually if you intend to put on a lot of miles on them... check at your LBS for something that will hold up better or a brand name bike on CL.

I already put 1,500 miles on my Giant road bike in 6 months and still running like new, only been to the shop once for adjustment of the derailleur due to new cables stretching. Can't say the same about the first one I got at Wallyworld, it was badly assembled, I had to redo it and then after 50 miles or so started creaking and loosening up, not to mention it was heavy and not so good quality.

I had the Forge sawback, got it on a trade for a trek. I was impressed with the bike. My son-in-law rides it now. They are only available online because they don't trust the employees at Target to assemble them. The Forge beats anything in it's price range, IMO.

I bought one of the next aluminum cruisers. Came with a 3 speed nexus for $113. I took it all apart and I swear I never found anything bad in it. The thing came with those ho chi min whitewalls and alloy wheels with stainless spokes alloy stem. Used all the parts on a build. The frame went to the recycler but I smashed it around on the ground several times and none of the welds broke. I thought for the money it was a pretty good deal. Now I dont put a million miles on a bike but for just a cruiser it wasnt a bad bike.

Uncle Stretch said:
The frame went to the recycler but I smashed it around on the ground several times and none of the welds broke.
Uncle Stretch, when I read that I immediately thought of the luggage commercial with the gorilla trying to smash open the suitcase. :D Gary

I think I'm going to get it. I'm not going to pay $600-$900 for a bike I can't even take off any sweet jumps. If a bolt comes loose I'll tighten it, if a wheels bends I'll have it straightened.

looks descent enough. if your gonna put masive miles on it, just make sure you keep up on the upkeep. never heard of this brand b4, but their cruiser looks kinda cool. id put it up a step from xmart bikes at least.

Back