Anybody into Cyclocross?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Show me what you're riding and how long you've been at it.

My son and I are considering trying it.

Thanks.

62H

It's hard to believe no one is into it. It must be more of a fringe thing than I thought.

62H

I think the cyclocross thing peaked awhile back, at least around here. I'd occasionally see some of the cyclocross folks carrying their bikes on trails when I was out mountain biking a year or 2 back. I never did see the point, a passable road bike, but judging by the terrain they can't go on, a really crappy mountain bike.

The local race circuit is still picking up speed here. My son and I went to check out a race nearby Saturday and he wants to try it.

We're just going to throw 700X35 knobbies on his flatbar road bike and give it a rip. Flat bars and V brakes will make it stand out from the crowd, with their drops and squealing canti's.

Other than using them on race courses I do not see any off road use for them either. Too little tire for bashing rocks, roots and logs.

I've only seen cyclocross in footage on the tube, it does look like a good time when using the those bikes on a closed course they were intended for, and a good workout. Probably best to go with the roadbike plan, just in case it looks funner than it is.

Back