Anyone else have this problem

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No money to buy parts for a build and not enough to sell to make the money or alot of money to ship parts ? I want to list some stuff but if I list too much then the shipping cost gets in my way and dont have alot of big money parts but I really want to build up a mens 26" tanker :cry: :cry: :cry: this is gonna take awhile LOL

I don't get it. Do you not ship parts to buyers AFTER you receive their payment, which would INCLUDE funds for shipping?

yes but paypal means you gotta transfer which takes like 3 days and money order is ok but then Id have to wait for it till it got here before I shipped just saying shipping is spendy If I had one big money making part I could sell then Id be ok LOL oh well its all good Ill get somethin sooner or later

halsencrew said:
yes but paypal means you gotta transfer which takes like 3 days and money order is ok but then Id have to wait for it till it got here before I shipped just saying shipping is spendy If I had one big money making part I could sell then Id be ok LOL oh well its all good Ill get somethin sooner or later

Dude.... just print your shipping labels from PayPal's website. The cost comes straight from your paypal funds. Someone can send you a payment, and you can print a label and pay for the shipping within seconds of receiving the funds. No need to wait for any transfers. After the shipping expense is taken from the funds, then transfer what's left to your account. No need to make life difficult.

I use Paypal shipping for 99.9% of all my sales. It's the fastest and most efficient way to ship an item that was paid for with PayPal. Try it out. It's the best thing since "cheese in a rattle can"!

As far as the money order thing, accept only USPS MO's, and cash it at the post office at the same time you're shipping the item. One trip for everything, unless you use one of the other carriers, then two stops.

The only thing I can tell you is be persistant, I have more bikes than I know what to do with, and I understand things cost money to build but there is alot of bikes rotting in backyards and if you get the word out enough, when some one mentions cleaning the yard to some one else, hopefully someone will have your phone number,and tell you to come get it, thrift stores, sure the shifter is broken , and the seats ripped, but the brakes are new along with the tires for $5.00, anyone can throw a credit card at bike sites and piece together a bike, but if its built from what you find and your heart is in the build, your building a Rat Rod :wink:

Gold Street Customs: anyone can throw a credit card at bike sites and piece together a bike, but if its built from what you find and your heart is in the build, your building a Rat Rod

Best quote ever!!!!

yes, i agree with cman! i know steve doesnt want us to talk about what does or doesnt make a rat, but if there is a definition, this is it!

That's why I got into rat rods. No money, but tons of imagination and junk parts laying around. Just started throwing stuff together and that's how it was born. Never outgrew it.

My first rat:
chopper.jpg

And my current:
P7210011.jpg

I know on small parts, it pays to ship USPS First class. DO NOT use flat rate.

Example... Flat rate small box $4.85

Same size box sent first class $2.10

I dont know what the breakover point is but Im sure at a certain weight it becomes cost effective to use the flat rate.

Sure, the flat rate is convienient and you can purchase shipping labels online, but if you package it up and take it to the P.O it only takes a couple minutes to purchase postage.

Ratfink1962 said:
I know on small parts, it pays to ship USPS First class. DO NOT use flat rate.

Example... Flat rate small box $4.85

Same size box sent first class $2.10

I dont know what the breakover point is but Im sure at a certain weight it becomes cost effective to use the flat rate.

Sure, the flat rate is convienient and you can purchase shipping labels online, but if you package it up and take it to the P.O it only takes a couple minutes to purchase postage.

IIRC, first class parcels can be up to 13oz. And, you can also use paypal shipping for all the USPS services, including first class. It's not limited to just flat rate. Paypal also handles all the UPS services, as well, which is normally cheaper for larger/heavier stuff.. Best part is, no waiting in the post office line. Just walk in, and drop off your pre-labeled package in the drop bin. Some PO's even have 24hr lobbys for dropping off pre-labeled packages. The only time I ever have to wait in line is if the package is to large for the drop bin, which is rare since I use UPS for larger stuff.

Another tip. Register on the USPS web site, and you can order free "priority mail" boxes, in many different sizes, both flat rate and regular rate. And they send them to your door. Of course, you can only use them for priority mail services. Did I mention they were free?

I know how to ship Ive shipped a ton of boxes out with bike parts in them BMX site veteran here LOL just sayin its hard when I dont have alot of parts you all want and cant sell to buy kinda thing

Back