anyone else into comic books?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am an old school comic book geek. I love the silver and bronze age Avengers books, but my main pleasure is the early Swamp Thing books written by Alan Moore. His writing is transcendent in that it applies now just as it did in the eighties. I am looking to acquire early Saga of Swamp Thing books written by him, along with every single book he has ever written. What are your guilty pleasures with regards to funny books?

Swamp Thing is definitely on my to-read shelf. I do love that era of Alan Moore with Watchmen and the amazing Dark Knight Returns serial.

I mostly read modern (80s-now) compiled series, though, versus the old series. Writers like Brian K. Vaughan with Y: The Last Man and his new epic series, Saga. The Walking Dead series. James Stokoe may be the most brilliant artist with his series Orc Stain and retelling of the Godzilla story, The Half Century War. Though my favorite all-around storyteller/artist/writer/letterer is Jeff Lemire. He's written several of my favorite graphic novels with Essex County and the Underwater Welder, then his amazing comic series, Sweet Tooth.

I recommend looking into the series from about eight years ago, All Star Superman. It is Grant Morrison at his finest. Growing up, I loved the Claremont X-Men books. From the 90s, Spawn was my favorite ongoing as Todd McFarlane is simply spectacular.

did someone say comic books? into anything Frank Miller is apart of.
390747_279188338803369_675260759_n.jpg

71970_474682115920656_1216836949_n.jpg

My grandaddy gave me two large plastic containers FULL of old coic books from the 1930s-1960s. I'm not selling a single one. some issues are low numbers (IMO). I'm not too familiar with comic books but they have more sentimental value than feepay can bring in.

Dude, killer Claremont/JRJr-era Colossus ink! Frank Miller is a literary specimen along with the likes of Alan Moore, IMO. For art-sake, I love anything that Jim Lee has done, including the X-Men 2nd series from 1991. It is that series that gained my love for the characters. Certain books I had in the past, but sold that I am needing to find are the Miller written Wolverine mini series and All Star Batman, Frank Miller and Jim Lee did a .... good job on it.

yeah, I did read and collect commix. I aint bought one in maybe 15 years. I sold(pretty much gave away)most of my comix so long ago. although I did keep some of my favorites.
I still have all the wolverine mini series and all the regular series up to maybe ish #24.
I kept all the lobo mini series and maybe a dozen or more into the rgular series.
I think a few issues from the beginning of pitt and spawn.
I believe I kept my death comix also.
I dunno. I've been holding onto these things so long. I was kinda hoping that the new wolverine movie would bring a renewed intrest and I could make a couple bucks :lol:

Well, if it is any consolation, I bought Wolverine #1 from the 1988 series for $1 last weekend. Granted, I also bought Uncle Scrooge #71 for $1 (in current shape, it is worth $30). I found the first appearance of Archangel (X-Factor #24) for $1 as well...good weekend.

Just finished reading wolverine enemy of the state series written by mark millar. Pretty ....... legit highly recommended.

I have never been a fan of Millar or Brian Michael Bend is even though they have made the rounds at Marvel with every title being highly received.

Back