Anyone ever heard of a Amtrek Cougar?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SSG said:
I'm not familiar with the brand, but the one in the pictures it looks fairly low end. Google couldn't find anything on it either.

I tried google first myself before posting, I have an Amtrek Cougar and it's been sitting downstairs in a cupboard for atleast 15 years, but it's not in good condition infact it's missing the back wheel and the seat and seat post, rear brake and the gears.

I was thinking of using it as a future project but who knows :lol:

A sign for road bikes is if the shifters are located on the stem then it's low quality bike. Not to mention you can tell by looking at the brakes. You could probably get it to stop better by squeezing the rim with two fingers then with those things. I wouldn't pay anything for that honestly and I'm not too picky. lol.

Pinche said:
A sign for road bikes is if the shifters are located on the stem then it's low quality bike. Not to mention you can tell by looking at the brakes. You could probably get it to stop better by squeezing the rim with two fingers then with those things. I wouldn't pay anything for that honestly and I'm not too picky. lol.

It's immaterial now as I'm chopping mine up into small pieces http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=29172 :lol:

Back