Anyone have info on this springer?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for a springer like the one in this picture, anyone know anything about it that might help track it down? I've seen several like it in the gallery so I figure it must be a fairly common setup, but don't know where to begin besides the classifieds in looking for one.

Even better, if someone has one they'd sell, I WANT IT! :D Thanks!

032.jpg

skillsthebarber said:
its a Monark fork. But they used a different fork on the back. Here is a link to purchase a reproduction one.
http://www.choppersus.com/store/product/1205/fork-Monark-Repro-Springer/
Hot dang that's a lot more than I thought it'd cost! :shock: Thanks for the quick response.

Sooo... anyone have the springer (don't need a fork) they'd want to part with cheaper than $120? I don't have that much tied up in all 4 of my current builds... :roll:

Although it isn't super common, you can occasionally pick up a Monark springer on the cheap. Oddly, the cheapest springers I have found came with bikes attached. Make sure to post in the "Wanted" section if you haven't already.

If you were to find a springer with a bad head tube, you could cannibalize it for parts and use it with the fork currently on you bike. I have a parts springer (head tube filled with water and burst when it froze), but I am keeping it for a project.

Those Schwinn Cruiser 5's look great with a cheap Chinese Schwinn repop springer, too.

Latest posts

Back