Anyone help me find some new wheels?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 1959 Schwinn Corvette with 26" wheels and a 3spd rear hub. The front wheel is rusty and just gross looking, and I would like to upgrade the wheels if all possible. I don't want to spend a whole lot of money on them. Also, the more spokes, the better. I saw this bike here and I fell in love with the look of a lot of spokes:
IMG00077-20100508-1554.jpg

So are my options limited because of the 3spd hub? I don't know a whole lot about bikes as of yet, I'm still learning. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

If you mean that you plan to keep the 3spd hub, then yes you are limited to the number of spokes that it has now. If you want a wheel set like pictured above, you would need the complete wheel and hub together. Check your local Craigslist regularly. Good luck!

Doubtful if he's got anything with a whole lot of spokes, but RRB member ind-chucks seems to have an endless supply of quality 26" wheels for good prices. I think he's got some XXXtra heavy duty 3 speed rear with a knock-out front listed in the FS right now..... just a thought.

Back