anyone know length of headtube on 24 schwinn stingy chopper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try finding the little one (16" rear. 18" front), like this:
DSCF2505.jpg

DSCF2510.jpg

This one was 1 1/8" threadless, it will hold either a 24 x 3 or a 26 x 2.125 (maybe 2.35) wheel/tire.

Good luck!
Cheers,
Dr. T

It takes a little work, but they will fit. The threadless steer tube can be cut down to fit any length. The 1 1/8" is a tight fit in the 1" head tube, but it can be made to work. Or I just listed one of the. Mini OCC forks in the for sale forum.

From my limited experience, you can work with anything on a threaded fork. Too long, thread nut all the way down the steer tube, use cut off disk to cut shorter, then unscrew nut to clean threads, done this many many times. Too short and you cut the steer tube in too, slide in gas pipe or whatever fits snug and weld to make longer. A little harder than too long, but can be a quick dirty job since you won't ever see it.

udallcustombikes said:
Fireproof said:
What size headset do those mini OCC chopper forks use?

The mini is a 1" steer tube. I have used both and can attest to their adaptability.

if only i can find one...the 24in is on craigslist cheap

My mini was 1 1/8" threadless. it fit (barely) in my Schwinn Lil Chik headset, the bearings did NOT (neither the stock 1 1/8" or a set of StingRay bearings). I had to lengthen the fork's steer tube to get it to work.

The threadless ones use a typical star nut type of fastener.

Cheers,
Dr. T

I think you should be able to cut down the steer tube and fork legs and install three new star nuts, I think.
http://cgi.ebay.com/FSA-HEADSET-STE...Cycling_Parts_Accessories&hash=item45fa34564a

If you get a whole bike, and decide to part out the rest, I'd like first dibs on the rear fender (if it's in decent shape), for the advice... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Dr. T

My Mini is a 1" threaded, I think. Dang, now I will have to measure it. On my big one I did have to go to my good, old bearing drawer to find the right combo to make it work.

I cut down the legs and steer tube on the big one and just drove the star nuts out and reused them. Rat Rod Style. 8)

These are the forks I plan on using on my RRBBO bike so watch for pics

ill check it out....i txt the guy already

Dr tank are u building one or just need parts for different build???? got some pics?

Back