Anyone know what this little cruiser is?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My folks bought this for my daughter today. I have no idea what brand it is and I can't find a serial number on it. The rear hub is a "STYRIA" made in Austria which has a zerk-type fitting in it. It appears to have the original tires which were also made in Austria. The valve stems lock into the wheel with a nut to keep them standing straight up. The crank is a 3-piece. The seat is leather and has a globe stamped into it. The blue paint is a very sloppily done house-paint job. If anyone has an idea what this bike is please let me know. It doesn't really matter, but it's always nice to know.

The plan is to strip the paint, clean and re-lube everything, spray it whatever color my daughter wants, and throw on some new WWs.

bht1tkxo.jpg

twe4inow.jpg

mdeaggcp.jpg

3sabhtcd.jpg

usklktpb.jpg

yxvjxgau.jpg

52g5kajl.jpg

v1bivyfi.jpg

ieaxfb31.jpg

wos1e5iq.jpg

101_9768_41863.jpg

Re: Old European(?) 20" Cruiser for my daughter

Cool bike. I guessing European from the hub and the cranks. Good luck

I just noticed that the rear hub has "57" stamped into it and the front hub is "56" stamped. Part numbers or manufacture years?

looks like my czeck made rapido (pre chop)

IMG_0953-3.jpg

at least the chain guard (mines a 1980's, much newer than yours)

could be a steyr. this is a austrian based bike that made 3speeds (i have a 3speed clubsman) under their own lable and some for sears under the jc higgins label. the chainring looks similar to my steyr's and although i never seen a steyr cruiser, its my best guess. and my clubs man also came with styria hubs.

It looks like a Stelber. They made some JC Higgins bikes for Sears as well as their own brand. This is a 26" cruiser I have. ~Adam
SUNP0003.jpg

hey blacksheep! any way you would come off that license plate? i was born in brookfield missouri and that would be totally cool to have. lemme know man! thanks!

Easy E

I have a similar one that's been hanging out in the basement for a while. A bit rougher however...

DSCN1643.jpg

DSCN1644.jpg

DSCN1645.jpg

blacksheep said:
Tosa2112 said:
I have a similar one that's been hanging out in the basement for a while. A bit rougher owever...

Do you know what brand yours is?

No idea. The rear wheel on mine is a replcement since it has a Shimano hub. The bike was brush painted and the thing that looks like it might be a headbadge in the photo is actually the remains of a sticker that was peeled off.

neat bike. i like the crossed hammers on the brake arm. are those presta valves for the tires?

Tosa2112 said:
blacksheep said:
Tosa2112 said:
I have a similar one that's been hanging out in the basement for a while. A bit rougher owever...

Do you know what brand yours is?

No idea. The rear wheel on mine is a replcement since it has a Shimano hub. The bike was brush painted and the thing that looks like it might be a headbadge in the photo is actually the remains of a sticker that was peeled off.

Ok, thanks. :)

I found a picture of a JC Higgins(made in Austria) 26" touring bike that has the same chrome fork crown, the same headset, and a very similar chainguard. I guess I just call this little bike a JC Higgins since that's a bit cooler sounding than the Euro names.

Pics borrowed from Old Bike Blog:
JC1.JPG

JC3.jpg

Latest posts

Back