Anyone know what type of seat this is?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seat came off a 1935 Aluminum hawthorne, but I'm not sure it is original. The seat feels to be an old leather, metal pan - has some letters engraved into the center of the seat leather, but I cannot make it out. The wording almost looks to be in cursive. Anyway, just trying to figure out what I have to determine if I should keep it with the bike, sell it, or restore it.

The seat seams very large - I'd say a little over 10 inches across the middle and around 11 inches long front to very back. Thank you so much for the help!

photo4-1.jpg

photo1-1.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

photo3-1.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo1.jpg

invesions said:
The seat seams very large - I'd say a little over 10 inches across the middle and around 11 inches long front to very back. Thank you so much for the help!

A seat that large must have come off of an adult girls bike. :p :shock: . I don't know the brand but those style of seats are referred to a "tea cup seats" because of the cup on the springs. Gary

Gary, thanks for the help! I had been thinking it may of been for a girl as I've never come across one that big on a guys bike : )

Yes, it is marked Mesinger. I could tell it had an "M" and could not makeout anything else. All the help and insight is much appreciated.

Back