Anyone like vintage video games

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I love video games new and old, but my heart likes the oldies better. I have always wanted an arcade machine like pac-man or donkey kong. But I just cant see spending several thousand dollars for a couple of machines. So I decided to take matters into my own hands and build me an arcade. Since arcades are slowly going away. I had to do something to give me that kid like feeling again.

This mame machine is all scratch built by me, included controls, graphics, the cabinet, wiring and marquee sign up top. It uses mame (multiple, arcade, machine, emulator) and as it sits I am running a little over 5000 games. These are exact arcade rips and you have to do the insert coin to play. I built this a couple of years ago but now I am reworking some of it. I am building up a new computer to run some of the new games, and reworking the control panel graphics. It is a blast to play and mess with. The wife gets a little mad when I play it to long! :roll:

arcade1.jpg

arcade2.jpg

arcade3.jpg

Great looking Game..you did a fantastic job..In 1981..a friend owned a variety store that was open 24 hours .
He had a few video games in it...He got into a fight over the profits on the machines..and told the guy to remove them..he waited a 2 weeks then he moved them out back of the store....a few more weeks went bye and the owner never came to pick them up...so after3 months of sitting ..I came bye one night to buy something and I had my Rack body truck...And the owner of the variety store says do you want those game take em NOW..
The best part I had the keys to both machines and they were still full of money..Oh one was a Miss PacMan and the other was Asteroid machine.. I had them for years but sold them eventually..Thanks..Lee. :lol:

I've got a few machines in my basement. Just added a Chexx bubble hockey. Currently looking to unload a Dig Dug machine (original cabinet)...cheap!

How much for the dig dug machine? I bet shipping to Texas would be expensive.

I am using x-arcade parts. Some people don't like them, but the quality to me seems really good. I have beat and smashed the buttons and it keeps ticking. I also used the x-arcade keyboard encoder, to custom make my own controls. Everything is real responsive.

UGH! That Dig Dug is taunting me. It's my favorite game. I had a pretty good NES collection that I sold the last time I got a bad-bad speeding ticket in my V70R. Worked at a Funcoland in College, had every "black box" original release NES game, a "Top Loader", Power Glove, ROB, you name it, I probably had it. Decided if I was going to sell any of it, I had to sell it all. Too painful. Slowly starting to make a new collection.

Ran across an Atari 2600 last weekend and bunch of boxed games if anybody wants them.

I'd love to have an arcade with the Namco classics, an Out Run sit down and a couple pinball machines to put in the rec room with my muscle bikes and vintage Addidas track suits. It would be known as the room of gaudy bright colors.... :D

Nice collections guys, I hope to have a cool game/toy room someday.

man that is way cool. i want one! you did a really really good job. my friend just modded my original xbox with thousands of nes, snes, 64, and sega. ok, enough of my lame game system talk. your mame is amazing! those graphics look so good on there. how did you make them?

I am a graphic designer at a sign shop. I designed them in photoshop and printed them on our large format printer on glossy vinyl, then put on a vinyl laminate. The marquee sign up top was done the same just with another sheet of plex on top to give it that shine.
I am redoing the control panel, at this time might just make it simple. My friends are lining up trying to get me to build them one also. If you build it they will come!

Back