anyone usin' flickr

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody posting pics from flicker using the thing?

Tried posting [img]then the url with the pics[img/] or whatever and no dice. Just posts the whole text and not the pic?

Any thoughts?

Finkle

i always use photobucket and never have a prob. aint broke dont fix it. so i havent wandered over to flicker, i have seen alot of people post pic links on here that have alot of extra mumbo jumbo that seemed to be cloggin it up.

post what you got and ill try to make it work for ya / show ya why it wont anywho

i messed about with flickr for about a month but photobucket is just way easier.

To post pics here from a Flickr-account you go to the pic you want, click on 'all sizes' (above the pic). Then you select a size (I prefer 'medium').
Then go to the bottom where it says "Grab the photo's URL". Copy that (command/c or Apple/c), go to place where you want the pic to appear, click IMG, paste (command/v or Apple/v) and click IMG again. Done. :mrgreen:

Edit: Can you add this info to the HOW TO POST PICTURES sticky, Steve?
Thanks in advance :D

Easy Skywalker said:
To post pics here from a Flickr-account you go to the pic you want, click on 'all sizes' (above the pic). Then you select a size (I prefer 'medium').
Then go to the bottom where it says "Grab the photo's URL". Copy that (command/c or Apple/c), go to place where you want the pic to appear, click IMG, paste (command/v or Apple/v) and click IMG again. Done. :mrgreen:

Edit: Can you add this info to the HOW TO POST PICTURES sticky, Steve?
Thanks in advance :D

Done. :wink:

1075576580463fcdcecd741.jpg

Cool!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
thanks for the Tip Upper...

Paa said I be needing some Learning..and you be giving some!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Upper Class White Trash said:
see i could do this all day WITHOUT downloading them to my puter and hosting them on my photobucket

That's called hotlinking and it's not exactly a nice thing to do.

http://www.webweaver.nu/html-tips/hotlinking.shtml

Lot's of people have to pay for the bandwidth their websites use, or else have limits they can't exceed or their site goes dead until the next billing date comes up. It's good etiquette to get permission to hotlink a file before you do it. Most guys would rather you just provide a link to the whole page so people will see the images in the context they intended.

With all the free image hosting services out there why hotlink?

ok so the avatar you have you made right??????

or could someone out there hold the copywrite to it???

ok smack my paddys google does this when you search for pics the pic you see is linked to the page it is hosted on

free hosting sites pfffff you are still stealing it when you download it to upload it to the "free hosting site"

RING RING kettle this is the pot your black

I suppose it's kind of like stealing something for keeps vs borrowing something over and over without permission and using the other persons gas when you borrow it. :D
Kidding aside if you hotlink the host site can easily tell it's going on and trace it to this site. We don't want any trouble.

Ok, i really don't wanna get into a flame war, but lets imagine this;

You want to have a website with lots of pretty photos you've taken over the years.
So you purchase a hosting package that gives you a couple gigs of bandwidth a month which is plenty to handle the visitors on your site.
Then some kid finds your site and decides to hotlink a bunch of your pictures for backgrounds on his myspace pages.
Then a bunch of other myspace users see his backgrounds and decide to hotlink them too.
Pretty soon all these hotlinks are gobbeling up your bandwidth downloading these images and you reach your limit for the month and your site goes away on the 15th and won't be back til the first of the month.

It's happened to me.

I was just trying to point out how hotlinking to other peoples files could cause a guy problems.

its easier to ask forgiveness than beg for permission. i dont see a problem unless youve been asked to stop usin a pic by the person that owns it, thats me tho. Clints never knocked on my door and i been usin his pics for years.

mastershake916 said:
But does flickr allow hotlinking?
If so, I see not problem here.

Yes flicker allows hotlinking as long as you provide a link to the photo's flicker page

http://www.flickr.com/guidelines.gne

I aplogise for any part I had in dragging this thread off topic.

I am using flikr and no issues here...just takes a little getting used to.http://www.flickr.com/photos/7589739@N05/
I just cut the URL from Flikr, hit the URL button above the box, paste the url (http:/www............../) then hit the URL button again to close html, check preview and done.

Back