April 4th is the 1st annual NATIONAL RAT RIDE DAY!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NATIONAL RAT RIDE DAY!

everytime i get the privalage to have the time to go out and ride is a rat ride for me. april 4th seems to be perfect and im fixxin to make a day of it. surely i can find someone around here to get out there, cuz to take someone out there who goes in with uncertainty and comes out with the passion... thats a beautiful thing. sadly the only friend who once had a taste for this passion of building and riding died in a car crash a few years ago. definatly gonna be thinkin of him and enjoying just being at one with my ride and the universe in general, cuz they kinda go hand in hand. and i got some great places to go around here.

geez guys, this is the best idea i've heard all week. :mrgreen:

Re: NATIONAL RAT RIDE DAY!

three cheers to the above post. I was talking to a good bud of mine and hounding him on joining the forum and getting to work building his first cruiser(moutain bike man)
and was telling him about what the ride was going to be about. To often you have a forum where everybody is a jerk or is just flat unwilling to help out the cause whatever it may be. But not here. So how's about a show of commitment, We all have access to Craigslist, so let's put the site to work. In each persons city, and surrounding area, the RRB memebers will post an events or bike ad to get the word out about National Rat Ride Day. That way, we can all check up on each other and see that proper, umm spreading is taking place. Hey, it's free, and millions will see it. Any thoughts? :idea:

I hate to rain on everybodys parade but, did anyone take into account that April 4th is the day that MLK was assasinated?
I'm not saying change it, just keep this fact in mind.
It's not the most pleasant day for everyone.

So is this a commitment to get huge groups of people riding on one day, or a commitment for each member to ride that day? I'm all for riding on the 4th, but April is always rainy and windy in Ohio, there's no way I'll convince anyone on craigslist to ride. I'll commit to the day, but it will most likely just be pics of me riding by myself.

You'd definitely want a date that is a compromise between the northern and southern climates...late enough it's not too cold in the north and not too hot for the south. But rather than a specific date like the 4th which will roll around on a weekday in a couple of years, how about pick the first Saturday of a month, second Saturday, etc?

GodHatesCleveland, makes sense! Pick a day of a month not a date. The FreakBikers here in Michigan ride year 'round ...
SO BRING IT! 8) But we're not normal, so choose a time that's convenient for everyone.
Chainy

well just for this year we are going to do it on april 4th which happens to be the 1st saturday of april...so we will say the first saturday of april next year.

OK, so the first saturday of the april then, which happens to be the fourth in 2009.

To answer questions about what National Rat Ride Day is about, everybody will have their own definitions, and motivations for riding that day, but my in my opinion, Rat Ride Day is all about celebrating the common bonds between us on this site, country and around the world. Those commons bonds to me are ; Rat rod bicycles, this great forum, an obsession with the CL, love of pb blaster, riding my bikes, having more and more bikes,family, friends, beer,and food. So on the first saturday of april from here on, I will celebrate those things and more. I will take it to the streets with my friends, family,(online and not) and enjoy National Rat Ride Day with mountain bikes, trikes, roadies, fixies, rats, unis, whatever, and we are going to do it in the cities we live in and love. i can only answer what that day will be about to me man, what is your reason for that day?

The weather here is so unpredictable around April, so I don't know what my definition of the ride will be yet. My motivation is simple "grab a bike and go ride!" :D If it's nice weather it'll be a group of us at the local park on cruisers/musclebikes. If it's raining, snowing, it'll be me at the indoor skatepark. So I guess my definiton would be a day to forget about all the hardships and bad things in life, and just enjoy a bicycle. But that's usaully every day for me. :wink:

VERY IMPORTANT

Steve and i had a convo via p.m. and some changes needed to be made about this ride. i will update it in the bike events forum and we will no longer use this thread. so stay tuned!

necessaryevil and all the southern ohio rats have been building up a good model for a ride day that others could look at for ideas, with stuff like "the longest skid" contest. There's also a group in LA that has huge themed rides-The Midnight Riddaz or something like that. Or tap Rev. Phil with the zoobombers for ideas, they do other stuff besides downhill runs on pixie bikes, which would be fun enough on it's own.

Back