are motored bikes street legal?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those culumbia 3 wheelers are cool my friend has one but there a pain to use the stock single speed ratio is horrible for any riding I should tell him about rrb he'd like it his 3 wheeler is a ratrod.

Here in california, at least northern, any 2stroke of any cc is not street legal. 4stroke under 150cc is a moter driven cycle and needs moped lic endorsement and helmet. Over 150cc is a motercycle and subject to motercycle license and such rules.

wolfy said:
I beleive they are in fl ive seen a couple there.

Here in SW Florida the builders of them advertise on Craigs List. They advertise as no license or registration required and they even make appeals to people with DUIs in their ads :roll: . The ads are on CL every day in Fort Myers.

Kevin B said:
wolfy said:
I beleive they are in fl ive seen a couple there.

Here in SW Florida the builders of them advertise on Craigs List. They advertise as no license or registration required and they even make appeals to people with DUIs in their ads :roll: . The ads are on CL every day in Fort Myers.
Ive seen them at brevard beach on the boardwalk and in coco.

wolfy said:
Those culumbia 3 wheelers are cool my friend has one but there a pain to use the stock single speed ratio is horrible for any riding I should tell him about rrb he'd like it his 3 wheeler is a ratrod.

Did they have single speed becuase his is a 3 speed?

His sort of is rat rod but he would just call it custom which his trike has an Earth Cruiser fork and the same type stem Earth Cruiser used.

His is origianal frame/fork rusted out wheels/basket/handlebars all found in various places behind various bike stores. its a very dark brown single speed with coaster/front brakes.

Back