Are my prices to high?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. I have been trying to sell these danged bikes for a few months now with no success. I have dropped my prices a few times, but I just cant afford to take much of a loss on them. What the heck? I have barley gotten any interest on thecabe, here, or on CL. I live in the home of Fat Tire beer for Pete's sake. I cant bring myself to part them out (yet). What do you guys think?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11374

I'm not sure what the economy is like in CO. but here in AZ. it scary and people are holding on to those dollars!I have had similar results,I dont think that your price is out of line.People are pretty much only buying what they absolutely need right now, with holidays rounding the bend its only going to get worse!If people cant get a dollar for a dime on "toys" they will pass on it for now! :( Sad but true! Later & PEACE!!!!!

Unfortunately its a buyers market on anything right now, I am in the process or buying a reefer truck for my work to replace the one that got totalled and it seems anytime I call on one the price drops a couple thousand over the phone....just pray for this nation for quick recovery.

This time of year the bike sales slow down significantly. :cry:

If you want top dollar right now then you need to go Ebay.

i have considered that schwinn many times. I'm just so far behind with cash right now :roll:

So basically, i dont think the prices are high.
If i tried selling them here, they would NEVER sell

I'm from the Springs as well (home of Fat Tire). Good luck. Nobody is buying anything other than food and gas.

That said, Left Side Spin (Tejon and Boulder) or Bicycle Experience (1670? Sout Tejon, near the Blue Star) might be interested. Left side is a skate/cruiser bike shop, and Bicycle Experience bought most of Brian's stock when he closed shop. CC students might be interested too. All options will require hagling. And it's getting cold. Good luck.

honestly...NOT AT ALL!
if i hadnt needed to upsize my tool box and service cart id have bought that b6 long ago(but alas snap on rollaways arent cheap nor are the matco service carts :( )and now christmas is coming so my spendings done for awhile....

The Schwinn is a steal.

Like everyone else was saying, the market is way, way down and it's a bad time of year to try to sell bikes.

Wish I could move a few of my bikes....to buy one of your's! :wink:
L8 EM

i think there too high.
the only peeps i know that are prepared to pay hundreds of dollars for rustys bicycles are the members of this forum. :)
i have a western fyler x-53, 1967 schwinn sting ray deluxe, ccm cougar, double bar ccm as well as alot of old cool bicycles i no longer own.
none of them have cost me more than $75 (canadian) and i've never sold an old rusty bike for a hundred bucks let alone a couple/ few hun.
i'm often amazed by the prices, bicycles fetch here on the forum. if ya look long enough and hard enough theres always somebody, somewhere selling cool old bicycles for pennies.

just out of curiosity, how much did you pay for the bicycles? and how much is the loss your talking about?
if those prices are less than ya paid for the bikes, i'd say ya got a little too caught up in the rat rod movement. :)

i think the funnest part of rat rodding is finding that cheap rusty bicycle that nobody wants, and making it something wonderful. thats dam near impossible to do, if ya gotta break the bank to get the bike in the first place. :)

good luck with the sales.

I didn't know where to post this but here goes Can any one tell me what a Ross Apollo 5 speed black in really geat shape all original is worth..Any help would be great..I can buy it for $100.00 Money is tight right now for me so I was thinking of flipping it..But I always wanted one as a kid .. Heck Christmas is comming..!

$100 is a fair price for an old ross 5 speed. imo there the cheapest of the cheap bicycles (along with rapidos etc)
theres a few appolos on kijiji in my area. asking prices range from $35 to $200 but the ones for $200 have been available for over a year.

theres a girls ross on ebay (no shifter) for , $3.33 its yet to get a bid.

paid $10 for my ross compact with sturmey archer 3 speed hub.
the collectors just dont seem to like ross unless they are really old or an oddity.

icyuod2 said:
$100 is a fair price for an old ross 5 speed. imo there the cheapest of the cheap bicycles (along with rapidos etc)
theres a few appolos on kijiji in my area. asking prices range from $35 to $200 but the ones for $200 have been available for over a year.

theres a girls ross on ebay (no shifter) for , $3.33 its yet to get a bid.

paid $10 for my ross compact with sturmey archer 3 speed hub.
the collectors just dont seem to like ross unless they are really old or an oddity.
The same guy has a columbia 24" that's a instant ratrod if you ask me for 7.77 that hasn't sold for a month!

Holly yikes! I sold (or traded) the Schwinn within a couple of days after posting this! You guys are good luck! :D

icyuod2 said:
i think there too high.
the only peeps i know that are prepared to pay hundreds of dollars for rustys bicycles are the members of this forum. :)
i have a western fyler x-53, 1967 schwinn sting ray deluxe, ccm cougar, double bar ccm as well as alot of old cool bicycles i no longer own.
none of them have cost me more than $75 (canadian) and i've never sold an old rusty bike for a hundred bucks let alone a couple/ few hun.
i'm often amazed by the prices, bicycles fetch here on the forum. if ya look long enough and hard enough theres always somebody, somewhere selling cool old bicycles for pennies.

That's true, but it kind of depends on where you live. Around here (Fort Collins) old bikes are like hens teeth. People have them, but not many sell them. Even less sell them for sane amounts. Location location location.

jaydub said:
I didn't know where to post this but here goes Can any one tell me what a Ross Apollo 5 speed black in really geat shape all original is worth..Any help would be great..I can buy it for $100.00 Money is tight right now for me so I was thinking of flipping it..But I always wanted one as a kid .. Heck Christmas is comming..!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3049/302 ... f8cf_b.jpg

this one is for sale on the schwinn forums for $300

$100 sounds good for a 5 speed muscle bike if its nice shape

The guy that sells cruisers on the Denver CL had almost the same bike just a month or two back in the $500 price range, no tank but it had a springer. Same condition, less original parts and less complete.

Back