Atomic Zombie fans?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've finished the frame on my "Hammerhead" bike, or trike actualy. This thing is baaaaaad! If you don't know, this is a modified MTB with two front wheels that steer with tierods and ball joints. I hope to have a riding mock-up this weekend. I haven't seen or heard anyone say anything about his stuff so I just wondered, if you havn't got the book; Bicycle Builders Bonanza, check it out, great stuff!

Atomic Zombie ROCKS! :p Most of the self proclaimed FreakBikers on this board, know the site very well. In the past they have helped to sponsor some of YYZMEC's rides in Hamilton Beach, Ontario. I think Gotavan Dan's big wheeled bike got it's beginning from A.Z.'s tutorials. Most of the Freaks have "borrowed" a few ideas over the years. Lots to read and look at. I haven't got the book but I did win one of their C.D.s a couple of years ago on one of the Hamilton rides!

Looking forward to seeing your version of the Hammerhead! I especially am interested in your views of it's handling and riding capabilities!

P.M. me your address and I'll send you some FreakBike stickers! Cause you are a Freak whether you know it or not! :mrgreen:

Chainsaw

I <3 Atomic Zombie. I've built a chopper with their upside-down-Y-frame mod and a copy of their Spincycle. And they've got some sweet recumbents, too.

Hugo

Brought the frame home from work, (they have nice flat work tables :roll: ) and just in time for a big snow storm! I'm gonna clean up the frame a bit and hose some primer on it so I can do a mock up. Nothing real fancy in store, some lights 'cuz this will be my way to work, I don't know if the final color will be red, green, or orange, and I'm thinking about a custom seat. Those are ball joints for a ATV ($20 ebay) and they are adjustable so I don't chew tires up. Each front wheel will have a brake and I'm DYING to see if I lock one up and pedal like mad if it won't do doughnuts :!:
021-1.jpg
023-1.jpg

PRAISE THE LOWERED said:
I WAS JUST THINKING OF MAKING A 4 WHEEL BIKE THIS PAST WEEKEND. PUT 16'S IN THE FRONT AND 26'S IN THE REAR. GET IT LOOKIN T BUCKET
That's cool! I want to build a Model A roadster after I seen some Model T Quadracycles at a hocky game in Ft Wayne, they looked awsome and EXSPENSIVE to I bet!

Got the HH together after a few hours of wrenching and it's just about ready for a test ride and guess what? One of the stinkin' front rims doesn't fit :? I know the plans call for a matching set, and I've yet to find a pair that are the same, so the 3 26" MTB rims I have, 2 don't fit. Minor set back, I'm getting some rims from a dude at work so it'll ride soon!

Couldn't wait on people to come through so an axle swap put the thing on all threes last nite! it's a load of fun and a work in progress for sure, that's cool 'cuz I don't mind tinkering :mrgreen: BTW, I just got in 20 min ago from a ride, my hands where too cold or I'd still be out there :!: Going to "Other Bikes" to post it. Yup Chainsaw, hundreds of parts but not the one you need now :?

Back