*auction find colson clipper and story*

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so here is the first picture that is all that was given at an auction in TN as a description

The bike was 50 miles from the nearest bike shop! so literally in the boondocks, I took a chance and asked the auctioneer if he would take phone bids and he said no... but, did say he would be to busy to take phone bids on a rusty old bike that was in a gun collection auction :roll: anyway.. he continued to say that he would try and get it for me for about 150.00 I giggled a littled and said its going to go for more then that so I gave him a maximum bid that made him speechless and he agreed to have someone that wasn't busy to bid for me.

I waited 2 days after the auction and no word from him, I was so worried! :( then! he finally called the next day and said you won the bike! I about cried. the next day we planed for it to be picked up on the way to memory lane by a friend. Today he picked up the bike from the auctioneer (who was holding the bike for me) and handed him the money as He didn't take credit cards or paypal he was a very old school auctioneer. So tonight my friend just sent me these wonderfull pictures! and thought I would share this story.

Nick.

Alright Nick, what part of Tennessee. ? You are in my neck of the woods. What an awesome bike!! Great job and discovery. Congrats!!

1918 Ranger

That auctioneer didn't know who he was messin' with!
Your bike finds are on a whole other level Nick.
I always love seeing the raw rare bikes that you seem to pull out of thin air.

Thanks man! I try my best. Glad to see you enjoy my finds, there will be more in the future so stay tuned!

Nick

late for dinner said:
That auctioneer didn't know who he was messin' with!
Your bike finds are on a whole other level Nick.
I always love seeing the raw rare bikes that you seem to pull out of thin air.

That's a classic. A crusty classic, but classic none the less. What is the bracket on the front fork with the tape? Looks way too heavy for a light bracket. Gary

Its whats left of a colson cushioner springer.

Nick.

B607 said:
That's a classic. A crusty classic, but classic none the less. What is the bracket on the front fork with the tape? Looks way too heavy for a light bracket. Gary

Great find! I hope it's still structurally sound, it looks like the rear chain stay tube was split in one of the photos.

Nice! She's pretty crusty, but you should be able to resurrect the clipper, nick!

Ccd

What's the other bike behind the clipper..?

Nickinator said:
McMinnville, TN here is the auction link http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/aucti ... category=0

1918 Ranger said:
Alright Nick, what part of Tennessee. ? You are in my neck of the woods. What an awesome bike!! Great job and discovery. Congrats!!

1918 Ranger
How did u know this was in the auction? THIS meaning this Clipper,? The auction listing just said ANTIQUE BICYCLE.

What a find!!

1918 Ranger

1918 Ranger said:
[How did u know this was in the auction? THIS meaning this Clipper,? The auction listing just said ANTIQUE BICYCLE. 1918 Ranger

He's a pro bike picker. Nick the Pick. :p Gary

He can't give away all his secrets.

1918 Ranger said:
Nickinator said:
McMinnville, TN here is the auction link http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/aucti ... category=0

1918 Ranger said:

1918 Ranger
How did u know this was in the auction? THIS meaning this Clipper,? The auction listing just said ANTIQUE BICYCLE.

What a find!!

1918 Ranger

Thats one snazzy classy bike.I would of love to bid on that.Those lines are wicked cool

Great find Nick!
Was the bike in your avatar in the same condition when you got it?
Show a full size of the pic or a link to its restoration. I love the lines on these . You have a great eye for great bikes!

Back