Auction Hunter-New show on Spike TV

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
New show on Spike where they bid on storage units not knowing what is completely in them. Tonight's show had some guns, old slot machine and a minibike. They sell what they find to make there money. Next week's show looked to have a early Schwinn Autocycle on it complete with the hard to find Fender bombs.

http://www.spike.com/show/39992

what was it he said about the schwinn?
"ya might not want to ride that (old beat up schwinn) it might be worth $8000. :roll:

i caught the peacemaker/slot machine episode/mini bike and the h&k/register episode.

between pawn stars,american pickers, auction hunters (and that other auction house show)
i have approx a $35 000+ worth of stuff in my arcade. (based on items i've seen on the shows,that are in my basement)

actual retail price, i figure i got 3 grand tied up down there.(including all the stuff that hasn't been on any of the shows)
these shows sure are making it harder to find a good deal. seems t.v. makes everybody an expert when it comes to antiques. :lol:

This is going to cost people alot of money. I forsee a surge in people bidding at these auctions thinking they will be on the road to early retirement.

That Schwinn is a beauty but $8,000 :shock: :roll: Is this guy on crack?............................. The old bike market is ridiculous already without people like these guys exaggerating the fact that they don't know squat. If you want to see what a bike is really worth click here:

viewforum.php?f=2

There's similar show that is going to air on either A&E or the History Channel. I am not really sure which one, I just recall seeing the commercial. Years ago I used to manage a self-storage & the auctions were super competitive back then, I can only imagine what they'll be like now.

i have a friend down the street that purchases storage bins.(used to be my boss)
he told me, he's never paid more than $400 to purchase a unit.

i think thats pretty sweet. i've purchased an old barbers chair, welder and torches, an old 50's 2 horse coin op kids ride,and a mini bike just to name a few of the fantastic deals he's dragged this way. the barbers chair was the expensive item, and he only charged me $200. :)

that being said, i can see that connection drying up real fast. darn you television, darn you all to heck!

Latest posts

Back