Aug 6 NorCal ANGEL ISLAND picnic/ride

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know about this?
from: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/bik/2495549673.html

Classic, Vintage, and Other Bike Expedition to Angel Island, August 6, 2011

The Broken Spokes Bicycle Club was founded in the early 1990s in Sacramento, now in Oakland, and is a pre- and post-war tank bike club. We also collect and ride other vintage and classic bikes such as speedsters, krate bikes, muscle bikes, cruisers, and soon... motorized bikes!

This event is open to any and all bicycles, but we encourage you to bring out your oldies but goodies! We just want you to have a good time. If you do not have a bike, there is a bike rental shop on the island. We will be picnicking all day. Please feel free to invite others--this event is open to everyone who has an affinity for bike riding, bike collecting and/or picnicking.

Angel Island is only accessible by ferry or boat. Feel free to sail on over to the island, but for all others:

Ferry departures:
Vallejo 8:30am
Oakland 9:00am
SF 9:40am, 11:40am
Tiburon 10, 11, 12
Return to SF/Oak 4:40pm

Angel Island State Park: http://www.angelisland.com​;;/

Please email for more information.
Email:[email protected]

Angel-Island-Bike-Expo-2011.jpg

I have never been to this event, but I have ridden angel island many times..its a blast to ride and no cars. hope I can get it off... :roll:

do I sense an RRB rat patrol forming?? :lol: I'm gonna have to get something ride ready with a low gear :shock: !!

Come on now, I know there are more bay area people around here than this.

Maybe we can get those Sacramento people to drive out this way for a change :mrgreen:

It's Sundays that kill me. I work m-f at one job and then I'm on call on Sundays for a friend's company repairing jukeboxes and games at dive bars from Fremont to Oakland to Richmond and out to Stockton and Modesto.

M.Martian said:
It's Sundays that kill me. I work m-f at one job and then I'm on call on Sundays for a friend's company repairing jukeboxes and games at dive bars from Fremont to Oakland to Richmond and out to Stockton and Modesto.
Repairing jukesboxes at dives? niiiiicceee.
Sorry you can make it Brently, will you be at shiny side up?

Bringing this one back to the top since it's now the next event in the bay area. Gotta spread the word to those that haven't heard yet.

If I remember correctly, there are some really cool old buildings there for photo-ops.

was a great ride. It was a fairly small group of around 15 or so bikes.

it's definitely a work out on the hills with a single speed. Especially when towing a trailer. :mrgreen:

bummer for you guys. It was a fun ride and nice meeting some new people also into bikes and anything vintage. It ended up being that group and me.

The ferry is definitely not a place that you want to bring your good bikes as the workers just stack bikes against each other. And there is also the Oak/SF ferry where the bikes are parked on the rear deck of the ferry to get a nice misting of salt water.

Those hills give you a good workout. There were a couple that I was just not able to make it all the way up although I did make it farther than most.

This is a must ride and maybe we can get another group to head out there for a ride. There are a lot of really cool photo ops spots to get some great pictures with the bikes.

Back