Aussie getting back on a bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sittin' in my beanbag, nekked, eatin' Cheetos
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New member here from Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.

Used to ride as a kid, but took a 25 year break until my wife told me I was getting too fat (work at a desk all day, drive to/from work) and to find a way to get some excercise that I liked.
Didn't take me long to decide that getting back on a bike would be a way to not only excersice, but also give me an excuse to mess around with bits of metal and paint in the shed :wink: .... that's how I found this place.

Since I didn't have a stack of bikes to work on, and cool old bikes are not that easy to find down here (unless you are into "fixies"), I grabbed a couple of cheap Huffy cruisers when they were on sale at the local version of walmart.

I put my wifes together after packing every bearing (didn't tell her i swapped all the shiny bits off her bike for the black bits on mine) shown in the pic next to the last bike I built.... for my daughter 20 years ago.
cruiser_huffy_purple_wifes.jpg

Looks OK with black bits instead of shiny bits.

I got one of these
huffy_mambo_cruiser_blue.jpg

Didn't like the colour, but it was never going to stay "stock" anyway, so it ended up like this... (seatpost still needs work :oops: )
cruiser_huffy_boardy_mine_001.jpg

As always when I find a new interest, I have gotten ahead of myself and now I do have a small pile of bikes to work on.

The builds on this site are aweinspiring, and I'm happy to be onboard.

Gert.

sup GerT, from DoWn undEr... Liking that laidback seatpost...that's really laidback!!
ThumbsUp to Ya :mrgreen:

Howdy Neighbor.Looking at that "dragger" seat post I'm thinking ya best lay off the stubbies for awhile Mate(I jokes).I thought I was the only one who liked their cruiser bars upside down.Morons will come up to you and say "did you know your handlebars where upside down?"NO..NO I didn't..Thank God you noticed,I could have "flipped" the bike or something horrible like that with the bars like that.You must be "special" noticing things like that.Go to a tip,you can pick up bikes real cheap and get your hands dirty creating something one of a kind,thats the real real fun of this hobby.You already have an eye for style.nice work Mate,Good on Ya

Back