Australia Day Antics,

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The dinghy races are a big hoot. Reminds me why not to be the monkey.
My kids were down there during the festivities, 5 years before the plague hit.
They had a ball.

What powers the boat?

Last edited:
The dinghy races are a big hoot. Reminds me why not to be the monkey.
My kids were down there during the festivities, 5 years before the plague hit.
They had a ball.

What powers the boat?
The boat has an Evinrude 60hp, ETEC (fuel injected 2 stroke, 2 cylinder) Like all Evinrude Etec's they have their drama's but when theyre on theyre on and ya wouldnt swap them!
the boat itself is a sportsman craft 157, used to be a half cabin but some blokes tried to rebuild it and stuffed it up , so I inherited the hull and rebuilt it over a couple years, the motor was bought almost 8 yrs ago, all up ive owned this boat for 10yrs, its a 1982 so the hulls 40yr old.... and still floats. sadley I have to literally tie the mrs n kids up and make them come boating with me.... we loved it but as they grow their interests change, now the boat just sits n waits for things like....Australia day, and a 2 monthly flog at the end of the street! this boat owes us nothing, we owe it lots so it'll never be sold and has already been promised to any of the kids...who ever wants it...no-ones said a thing yet!
Loved the dinghy racing, that river is a good 15-20km from the sea, we still get sharks in there. they dont bite ... apparently..... so peeps do still swim in there. but where we live in south east queensland we are lucky to be able spend your entire life boating between islands, sandy beachs and pristine waterways without ever having to go outside into the open ocean! thats something I dont do in a boat is go outside, I dont like Jaws and he loves the taste of us LOL

I’ve never been outside the harbor on a boat. In fact I’ve never taken my boat in the salt. I am strictly a freshwater fisherman and because I like to be sneaky I converted my 40 horse Evinrude to 36 volt electrics.

I have four electric motors but I’ve only got one mounted to the boat because, frankly, I don’t need to go over 6 kn. I took out three of the six batteries because I just don’t need to fish that long before I get tired. I go out and troll around for trout and do some bass fishing with a Carolina rig. Nothing more than that.

I’ve never been outside the harbor on a boat. In fact I’ve never taken my boat in the salt. I am strictly a freshwater fisherman and because I like to be sneaky I converted my 40 horse Evinrude to 36 volt electrics.

I have four electric motors but I’ve only got one mounted to the boat because, frankly, I don’t need to go over 6 kn. I took out three of the six batteries because I just don’t need to fish that long before I get tired. I go out and troll around for trout and do some bass fishing with a Carolina rig. Nothing more than that.
Yayyy, I just knew there was something about ULU, he's an Evinrude man! Many lakes and dams here only permit electric fishing and 6kt max, electric boat motors are not far away, they provide the next best thing to paddles if your serious about fishing! "Stealth" its very under-rated. anyone who thinks the fish dont know the boat is up there...... well i'll have some of what theyre having LOL.
I too used to fish for hrs, nowdays 90 mins max and im done!... and its been months since my last fish!

She was scary fast with 40hp. Only a 30hp ‘glass hull.
F7620963-C312-45D7-80FB-84C61282653B.jpeg

The lakes were very low because of the drought, but that is going to reverse this year, because they are all flowing over the dams right now.

0D619203-F3F7-48F3-93C5-7BE37BB9B2CC.jpeg

This is what’s going on in the engine department right now. Salt water rated but only about 2 hp.

1F5E3658-0408-4CCE-81AC-6B2AF6558A82.jpeg

Latest posts

Back