Avocado, first pics of the finished bike!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Avocado, 90% done

I can imagine the leather grips and tank there as well suiting the overall rattiness.
So you might need to get used to the winning feeling.

So many people here with skills and ideas that show that customising isn't endangered it just moved into a more practical zone.

HMMMM I seen that bike somewhere. Thanks for parking with us ....... bike now let me pinstripe it lol

Small update. The one thing that I feel like a good vintage rat should have is a bell, which I didn't have on there. I found a really cool bell at a VW and bike show/swap meet. The guy said it was from the Forties. It works in a similar fashion to the siren horns. Thumb a switch, and the cable moves the bell up against the tire, so that the bell rings as long as you hold down the lever.

Re: Avocado, Rare Bell Added!

Cool bell!

Lol that Bell is killer. Won't even mention the killer price ya got that for. Well done

Super jealous of that bell. Very cool!

Cool bell..Hope you don't mind me adding some pics of your build.
I'm building the tank for the Avocado. It's getting down to the wire here but I'll make the deadline. Working on the right side while the left side dries.
Updates of that right side with leather drop down hinge. I've learned to just let the wet formed leather slowly dry or it just warps. Takes about 36-48 hours to become bone dry.

This hinge side is very cool but might be one of the very few I'll build with it. Too many hours involved but I hope to be we'll worth it in the end as a "WOW" factor.

Close up of the tooled lettering. I basically just used my personal script style and arched it. Was carved then tooled with Barry king stainless steel Checked bevellers 001 and 003. Barry make some very nice professional quality tools.

Well, gotta get back to work on it. Chris

Amazing leatherwork!

My color combo came out nice. I used a Chestnut Tan as my base dye color, then feathered the edges with pro oil Light Brown & Dark Brown using an airbrush. The Wheat colored thread is going to pop. In the photo you can see where the sunlight catches the saddle and makes a nice honey color. Looks sharp already.

Crankset Leather said:
My color combo came out nice. I used a Chestnut Tan as my base dye color, then feathered the edges with pro oil Light Brown & Dark Brown using an airbrush. The Wheat colored thread is going to pop. In the photo you can see where the sunlight catches the saddle and makes a nice honey color. Looks sharp already.

I've got the feeling you're gonna' be a Busy Beaver pretty soon, my Elgin could use some stuff like that. ( :wink: upgrade for next year)

Latest posts

Back