Awesome scores, Roadmaster skyrider and a JC Higgins

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a guy posted a bunch of stuff from a storage house he was cleaning out, and he had these 2 bikes, well he said only the skyrider was for sale because his wife wanted the other one for yard art, yeah well I couldn't let that happen. So this morning when I headed out I grabbed up a very rusty 24 inch girls schwinn I got a couple years ago and took it with me. I ended up with this Roadmaster skyrider and this JC Higgins with 3 piece crank, for the low price of 12 bucks and a very crusty girls bike.

Ratted out Skyrider

3 piece crank JC Higgins

Downside of the Higgins

German built Higgins. :thumbsup:
Here is mine.
ratbike36-8-14_zps1a9a45e0.jpg

Cool, a lot less crusty than my Skyrider!
AMF Discoverer by njabatsis, on Flickr
The import JCH ballooners date to 1956. There were rumors of a strike, but I believe Murray, Sears' main supplier, was setting up a new factory that year. They were already sourcing lightweight 3 speeds from Steyr/Daimler/Puch, so they had them work up some ballooners. I had this ladies' version:

Great finds, dig the skyrider

Cool, a lot less crusty than my Skyrider!
AMF Discoverer by njabatsis, on Flickr
The import JCH ballooners date to 1956. There were rumors of a strike, but I believe Murray, Sears' main supplier, was setting up a new factory that year. They were already sourcing lightweight 3 speeds from Steyr/Daimler/Puch, so they had them work up some ballooners. I had this ladies' version:
Not much less rust, Thanks for the info on the JCH

Latest posts

Back