RRBBO13 Aztec Jaguar / 13th Mental Breakdown

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I'm liberating the headlight from my old ALiEN FiRE build. I can put the batteries needed to drive it into the tank.
KIMG01861.JPG
afl1.JPEG

Oh yeah, plasma lightening!
As a light source no so great but...
As an awesome effect priceless, AND
I have the right bracket already mounted.

Carl.

Ride was fun but the plasma light eats batteries. Well it ate 2 9 volt bats wired in series for 18 volts. Lights up awesome though, seeing as it was a USB powered ball originally and those are typically 5 volts! I suppose I should come up with a generator system backed up by some kind of rectifier so I can run rechargeable batteries and not have to open the tank every ride for fresh bats... I ran it on 8 C batteries before pushing 12 volts and those seems to last longer but still not all that economical.

On a different note... If the heat lets up a bit and I get a few moments free I'm going for paint soon. It's an ambitious plan I know for rattle cans, but the old school carpenter in me thinks he can do anything. So I'm going for it. Taking the beast apart as soon as possible. I bet we rode 30 miles last night and it had no problems cranking up hills and cruising down streets and alleys. I love riding in the city.

Carl.

I had never ridden downtown Las Vegas late night in a big group until I went to OBC. Was quite the experience, A few hundred riding after midnight with the music just a Thunpin'.
Nice. I've got friends up in Chicago that have been to OBC more than once. Maybe someday I'll get there.

Guitarl.

Plasma headlight? Really ? That's sooo cool !! The bike looks great, love stretched and it looks like a comfortable ride

That headlight is awesome!

It would be a lot cheaper in the long run just to buy a small li ion pack for the light and, if you can fit 8 C batteries, you have plenty of room for a good sized one. I have a 9600 mAh (claimed, but it does last a while) 12V pack that's about 3x4x1".

Plasma headlight? Really ? That's sooo cool !! The bike looks great, love stretched and it looks like a comfortable ride
Thanks! It doesn't throw much light but it looks cool!
Just another crazy idea that worked out. The couple of inches I put in behind the BB really did kick it back just enough to get those long forks to sit right. It actually feels like a much bigger bike now. Kind of a light heavyweight...

Carl.

That headlight is awesome!

It would be a lot cheaper in the long run just to buy a small li ion pack for the light and, if you can fit 8 C batteries, you have plenty of room for a good sized one. I have a 9600 mAh (claimed, but it does last a while) 12V pack that's about 3x4x1".
Thanks! I stashed the 8c in the headrest on ALiEN FiRE. I'm still checking out battery options. I have some electronics background and I still think I can get a generator to recharge batteries, it's just a matter of stopping the feedback with a rectifier... I've got the whole inside of the tank to hold batteries but I don't want to keep taking it apart to change them. I'm thinking a trickle charge is all I really need with rechargeable batteries. Option 2 is just incorporate a charger and a jack to plug in...

Guitarl.

Can't wait to see it in full sunlight! For some reason, I never would have guessed turquoise for your color choice on this build. But I love that color on bikes, or cars, so.... RaT oN~!

Are you going to antique the paint or leave the turquoise?
Haha! I've a bit more to do but it's a blend of the two shades (there was actually three, but two are so close they show as the same color) of turquoise with a hint of gold and a light dusting of plum purple from the underside. Then I used 4 shades of rusty chalk powder to add to the "stone" look. I've still got to mask and paint the tank, and the fork is getting some more work done to it before paint, I'm hoping I can get to the hardware store for some materials today.

Carl.

There are some amazing sections of the paint, where the shades come together, and I've still got to clear coat the whole thing. But I'm waiting till the fork and tank are done before that.
46eec8d41aac67c4752ea8f65b5586ec.jpg

Carl.

[emoji88] As I continue to work on the Aztec Jaguar Warrior, I need to create a new fork. I killed mine trying to create a blade effect down the sides. While it was ok it wasn't up to BB13 standards so there will be no pictures. The lesson is... yeah I'm full of it. There's no lesson to be learned. Try everything and know that sometimes you'll fail! Works for me. Truss rods will return, and I'm pretty sure I have everything I need to recreate a new fork.

Carl.

Diggin the paint and looking forward to the fork part deaux

Back