B607 here

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Greetings to the forum. My name is Gary and I've lived in Central Illinois all my life. I'm a retired machinist and I've abused bicycles since I was a kid. First bike at age 5 was an early rat rod...a 20" Columbia made up by the local bike guy...price $7. Not even a chainguard. I started collecting balloon tire bikes around 20 yrs. ago and restored a few 10 yrs. ago but got away from it since then. I saw your forum and it sparked my interest again. I have a few things hanging in my barn I saved that might make up a good rat rod. :idea: Also one pretty one I did a dozen years ago and saved. It's a 1941
Schwinn D96XE-1 with the short 16" frame. B607
IMG_1195.jpg

IMG_1196.jpg

ADX004.jpg

ADX006.jpg

Thank you very much 00descalso00 and also to the others. Since you are in love with my 'baby', I have posted more pics for you. The bike is of course Schwinn built but has a badge from 'Witte Hardware Co., St.Louis'. This is an old hardware chain store and is still in business. I found it in a barn 20 yrs. ago and bought it from a farmer for $75. I restored it 14 yrs. ago.
Regards, Gary in Illinois
ADX005.jpg

ADX014.jpg

ADX010.jpg

ADX008.jpg

Back