Bad Day Chop

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a lousy day at work today,and I needed to blow off some steam. So I busted out my sawzall, a 3 pound sledge, and a torch and started making a chopper. This is just a really quick mock up, I haven't welded anything yet. It started out as a cheapo cantilever frame that had a broken steer tube, and a late 70s huffy girls frame that I had scavenged a 3 speed hub off of.
Of course, I forgot to take any before pictures, but here's what I came up with at first. I hated it.
DSCN0164.jpg

So I cut off more and kept going.
DSCN0163-1.jpg

I'm pretty happy with that so far. Next up, moving the bottom bracket forward, maybe laying back the seat post. I'm thinking about using drag bars, and maybe go for a front engine rail look when its done. Obviously, this is my first chop job. Let me know what you think so far!

That looks really good- have you conisdered chaging the position/angle of the mid frame double bar supports? That might be an interesting thing to try, just for kicks. :mrgreen:

my 2 cents
a stretched out beast like that... forks need alittle more rake.
cool build.

I think the mock up is done. Added a little more rake and laid back the seat post. Put a nicer seat and some cheapo bmx bars on it.
DSCN0163-2.jpg

I think it looks pretty good now... What about you guys? Think it looks better?

Back