MBBO BAD INFLUENCE!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took a little trip down to @CRASH 's muscle bike restoration emporium today to pick up some parts. We did a little surgery on the Dragster while I was there. First up was to use his cool frame spreading tool to open up the rear triangle to fit the 5 speed hub. It was just a little too narrow.

IMG_1656.jpeg
IMG_1657.jpeg
IMG_1658.jpeg

A little shove here, a tweak there and it's now a good fit.
IMG_1659.jpeg
IMG_1663.jpeg
IMG_1664.jpeg

I took a little trip down to @CRASH 's muscle bike restoration emporium today to pick up some parts. We did a little surgery on the Dragster while I was there. First up was to use his cool frame spreading tool to open up the rear triangle to fit the 5 speed hub. It was just a little too narrow.

View attachment 279100View attachment 279101View attachment 279102

A little shove here, a tweak there and it's now a good fit.
View attachment 279103View attachment 279104View attachment 279105

Next up was to repair the bent dropout
View attachment 279117

Then align the dropouts
View attachment 279114View attachment 279115

And fit the Huret derailleur
View attachment 279118

Much quicker at Crash's shop than I would have been able to do at home. I think it took all of 20 minutes. Thanks Crash!

Michael Cera Dream GIF by cerave

I also picked up another project while I was there. It's a complete and really nice Murray Astro-Flight that Crash had started to restore years ago and lost interest in it. It's a fantastic project and I can't wait to dig in. But it's a big project and I won't have time for it for this build off. Maybe next year if we do step-thru again or for the main build off.
IMG_1670.jpeg
IMG_1671.jpeg

And when I got home these were waiting in the mailbox for a pedal project I'm going to do that may wind up on the Dragster
IMG_1669.jpeg

Latest posts

Back