Badge pop.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have this badge off of an Exerciser and I can't see away to get it off with out destroying it. It looks to have been riveted on and because there is a sleeve welded into the head tube I cant get at the rivets from the back. Any suggestions. I hate to scrap such a pretty head badge.

Untitled by buck50sdelt, on Flickr

i would tape the heck out of the badge before drilling, i've had a few slips before. cover it up and protect it the best you can, then just like the above poster said, center punch and drill. good luck.

There is another similar thread not long ago...
I have taped (use several layers) or thin cardboard with a hole just big enough for the rivet head to show, then a Dremel and burr to divot the head center well for a drill bit to follow. The problem is that domed head, if you dont centerpunch it or divot it well enough the drill skips out. The 'buffer' will keep you from damage unless you were pushing so hard on the drill that is just goes off, then under your protective layer.
Some stuff is better Dremel'd all the way off, but mind the heat you generate; swap from rivet to rivet to not overheat the head and maybe the badge paint. The key is, dont get in a rush.

Latest posts

Back