Bahnzi The Brooklyn Bomber

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's up, I've made a few posts already but apparently I should write an intro too, so here goes. I live in North Brooklyn NYC where you don't see many cruisers. In New York there seems to be more and more people riding bikes, but practically everyone rides fixed gear. I see them crash all the time on the Williamsburg bridge, and I've had to call an ambulance for a couple guys who managed to fall and get knocked out. Biking in this city is fun, but not relaxing and the cars really hate you. We have a bunch of Puerto Rican guys who ride Schwinn's and they usually have them hooked up with sound systems and such. Out in Queens there's a gang of kids from Trinidad with even bigger sound systems. So eventually I decided I'd be happier riding a souped up hoopty bike. I started with my scrapper Raliegh
duct-tape-bike.jpg

never had to lock this thing up!
I was a bike messenger here for a few years, but started driving pedicabs/bike taxis. Then my boss hired me as a mechanic, so once I had access to better tools I really wanted to start building some bikes. So I bought a Schwinn Panther 2(1954) off ebay, bought some fenders and wheels, scrounged up everything else and hit the streets with the Schwinn.
P1010131.jpg

I feel like I'm driving a Hummer or something because this thing takes over the rode. It's fun in traffic because I draft off buses and cars and the bike just stays moving. The fixed gear hipster usually pass me on the way up the bridge then I pass em on the way down. That's my story for now, thanks for the help, the feedback and the ideas, you guys really have me inspired.

Welcome to the site, those scraper bikes crack me up :lol: The Schwinn is cool, are those home made truss rods with a reversed springer fork crown at the top?

Latest posts

Back