Bare Metal Beast

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Here's my latest build: started with a 1960 Schwinn Speedster
DSC00177.jpg

At first I thought I'd just make a rat rod cruiser out of it, but then another idea came to mind...a rat rod mountain bike!
DSC00178.jpg

I wanted a killer looking mountain bike and that rat rod look too. I welded on some disc brake adapters that I made and then set to work getting the right parts.
DSC00192.jpg

DSC00234.jpg

The wheels are FSA Gravity Lights, seat is an old Troxel I had laying around, the bars are off an old mtb, tires are Kenda K837s, chain is KMC 415H, I built the forks because the wheels are the 20mm thru axle kind and the only thru axle forks I could find had the 1 1/8" head tube so I thought why not build some? They're a bit crude but their as sturdy as a brick wall!
DSC00264.jpg

DSC00265.jpg

DSC00268.jpg

Front rotor is 203mm and the rear is 180mm, and yes it stops well

DSC00267.jpg

DSC00273.jpg

Thanks for the compliments! Yes I forgot to mention that I clear coated all the bare metal parts, and also the bike is single speed.

Hey streetrod, That is way cool. I love that fork. I wish I had the skills to knock out a fork like that. Cool brake mounts too. What ratio are you running? Looks like fun!

Back