bare metal

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my first project and I am in the process of removing all of the paint and am considering leaving it with the bare metal look as a finished look. I know that it will probably rust faster that way so I was wondering what one would suggest to coat the metal with to keep that look. :?:

Exposure to air causes rust. I'm trying something a little different, car wax. I've waxed down my build off bike and 2 weeks later, still no rust, but if it does, I'll just steel wool it and wax again.

I stripped a frame to bare metal.

Hung it outside and sprayed it everyday with salt water until it was rustier than the Titanic.

I hosed it with Rustoleum Reflective Clear Coat.

It looks T*ts!

MagicRat said:

Hung it outside and sprayed it everyday with salt water until it was rustier than the Titanic.

It looks T*ts!
pic?

i had a bare frame for awhile indoors the whole time it was bare and it rusted alittle :eek:

MagicRat said:

It looks T*ts!

That sounds killer but I'm not ready for that project yet. I think I'll clear coat it.

youve seen the light clean it well n get a tack rag to wipe it down dont press to hard with that rag it can n might leave a lil mark make sure its warm too good luck

Back