barn fresh stingray

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I should have the right front brake for this bike if yours is missing. Just send me a message if you need it. 8)

I was wondering if this came with a front brake. If so I have the wrong front rim. It's a schwinn rim but its not for caliper brakes

Killer.

I need to go hunt through some barns :)

That looks like a Murray front rim. Is it a 20 spoke? They did that a lot in the 70's, especially with girl bikes.

I'm pretty sure that should have an S-7 front rim. They are out there. You'll need to get the whole front wheel if that is, indeed, a 20 spoke.

Great find! I hope you got it for cheap!

I'm at work today, I'll check the spoke count. By the way the bike was free.i haven't decided what I'm gonna do with it yet.

Oh man, that's awesome!

If it were me, and I didn't need it:

Restore it and sell it. Parting it out may make you some money, but you'll be stuck with something. I personally think a little work and that bike could be 100%.

Nice find. I agree, 66 or 67 judging by the shifter and the seat. Obviously the serial number will tell the whole story.

By the way, that is a Fasback, not a Stingray. Wheels and tires should be the skinny S-5 type. Front wheel is definitely wrong (can't tell from pic if rear is correct or not) and yes, it should have a front brake.

Just looked on eBay. There is a front wheel listed for $10 with no bids yet. Just a heads up.

Latest posts

Back