Barn painted and beautiful CWC Western Flyer (Done)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
006-3.jpg

Prior to it looking like this it was behind a guys house with ape hanger bars, Schwinn grips, new Schwinn fenders and a mattress for a seat... I think for now I will ride it just like this...

If anyone has a tank they would like to sell I am interested!!!

Re: Barn painted and beautiful CWC Western Flyer

Niiiiice :mrgreen:

El Duderino said:
great find. id sand it to leave multiple colors revealed. very ratty

Well... That was a thought... But the red paint has preserved what is under... I removed paint off one of the springs up front to find it totaly rust free.... kinda shocked... i think this was painted before it had time to really age much... so.. when I get around to it I will try and slowly strip away the red paint to the origional black paint underneath.... 8)

Great bike. Is that a 24" wheel on the back?

jerrykr said:
Great bike. Is that a 24" wheel on the back?

Yes.. original 26 was bent bad so I snatched a wheel off a 24" hawthorne, stuck on a thick brick and rolled with it... cant decide if i want to thick brick the front or leave it 26....

yeah i tried that on my elgin. i was impatient and it didnt leave much of the original paint on it. the old stuff was sticky

Looks even better! First thing I thought when I saw the 1st pic was "must...get...red...paint...off...sprocket...and...springer chrome!! :lol: -Adam

Rustinkerer said:
Looks even better! First thing I thought when I saw the 1st pic was "must...get...red...paint...off...sprocket...and...springer chrome!! :lol: -Adam

Yes... All the red paint is gone... For some reason there is a red reflection on the chainring.... I am glad all the chrome was painted red... NO RUST... The chrome looks like I had all those parts re chromed!

And... I now have a Hiawatha badge to replace the Western Flyer one.... So's all will match unless I find a Western Flyer tank.... 8)

sweet ride ,like wat you did with it ! 8)

diggin the og. bike stand aswell !

clean sproket, clean spring rodz, fat tire, head light & added tank...

LQQks killer!

Back