Barn (s) find explosion in Tennessee

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A customer of mine was at my business a month ago and saw some of my bikes on display. He saw my 52 Red Phantom and told me about a bike he saw at his mother in laws farm. She had passed and he was cleaning out barns on the property; 9 barns in fact, and he remembered a tank bike with the springer similar to my Phantom that he saw while going through the barns. He said there were a ton of other bikes. He brought a trailer load home today and called me to come look. Well I lightened his load and weighed down mine. Here are some pics of the pile.

Is the one Schwinn a Panther? It's a 1954 best I can tell by s/n.

I'll post pics shortly.

1918 Ranger

yze9evuv.jpg

a8ube8yt.jpg

tygugequ.jpg

jyre9a8e.jpg

ezyvy2uq.jpg

dy8ata3u.jpg

natybu6y.jpg

yjajy8ym.jpg

ge3ejyjy.jpg

evuru5y5.jpg

I'll post more pics when I unload.

1918 Ranger

S/n on the Schwinn at back of rack is a M13599. On left rear drop out.

What have I got here?

1918 Ranger

Post a picture of that bicycle rack..Did you make that up..?

jaydub said:
Post a picture of that bicycle rack..Did you make that up..?
Yep built couple weeks ago. I call it "THE BEAST"

It's built out of all 1/4" steel tubing and plates. Hinges at top and bottom. Bottom hinges over to access tailgate if needed. I use chain links for my dividers. The Links give me something to tie off and hook my bungy chords to.

It will carry 7 bikes.

Load capacity: 700 lbs ??

I needed a carrier that would carry the old heavy bikes. Heaviest I found that you could buy had a 240 lb capacity. Too light for my dealings.

I use a 3" wide gum rubber for my pads.

yragy3uq.jpg

eraqaje4.jpg

neja6ega.jpg

8a5y6u6e.jpg

u4ytypy4.jpg

3a8ybazu.jpg

hy2eduha.jpg

vaquvaja.jpg

1918 Ranger

I think this is a western flyer based on the W on the forks. Rear face dropouts on it.
7upehy5y.jpg

erunepy3.jpg

3ubuqe7a.jpg

a9azyhed.jpg

1918 Ranger

Back