Bates 5 1/2" Headlight to suit Chopper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guy's I'm wanting to fit a Bates style 5 1/2" Headlight to my Chopper Bicycle. I want it to be battery powered and just have a on of switch on the outside.
Does anybody make a light to suit or do I need to buy a Motorbike one and modify it?
Any help would be much appreciated.
Cheers,
Clayton.

Me too. I was thinking about ebay item- 280737587362 what do think? let us know if you find a mounting bracket too. I wounder how big of a 12v battery you would have to lug around though? there are other Bates style 5 1/2 headlights listed in that sellers store, and coke bottle grips for 1 " too

thats kinda what I used for my build off bike..

DSC03854.jpg

I tried several different types of mountings for my headlights finally settling on using plastic refector brackets that I got for free at my LBS. I used a 2 inch X 1/4 inch phillips head bolt, 2 flat washers, 1 lock washer, a nut and finished the mount off with a nice silver ese headlights cost me only $32.85 for a pair, shipping to Canada and the USA included. Sure beats paying $48 plus shipping for one!! They are 12volt. but I took the bulbs out and put in 6volt ones and run them both off a 12v sealed lead acid battery that I got from an exit sign in my building. THey dont throw a beam much but cars see me coming and they look killer on my Electra Hellbillie! I put the battery inside a leather tool pouch fastened to the front handlebars and hid a fuse and switch inside. These hadlights are chrome plated ABS plastic and were originally made for to be used as running lights on a Harley Davidson.
Sept18005.jpg

Sept18009.jpg

Sept18006.jpg

Sept18004.jpg

_Sept18002.jpg

Very nice, but you can't just show photos of the lights.
Let's see that sweet ride!!!

Its just a stock Electra Hellbillie with some custom leather accessories by my leathercrafter friend. Like the 12 inch leather streamers with 1/4 inch wide strands. And the leather windshield pouch to hold the battery and switch for the lights. And lets not forget the leather hub polisher strap with the reflective tape on it!
Oct10004.jpg

Back